Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  

    We'll be heading to Italy for two weeks for our honeymoon and we have an American Cingular Treo 750. Does anyone know of a website where I could purchase a SIM card for an Italian cellphone company that would allow voice and data access and thereby avoid paying Cingular's .02 per kilobyte roaming charges? What are my options?


  2. Quake97's Avatar
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts

  3. #3  
    Check out Brightroam.
  4. #4

    Bear in mind that I have yet to find a prepaid SIM that includes data roaming. And data services = Why God Created Treos.

    So you might as well take your cheapie unlocked flip phone to Italy.

    If you do happen to find a prepaid SIM with data roaming please tell me.

    Or switch providers to T-Mobile because I think their billing systems are bad -- I have Swiss, Belgian, Irish, U.K., U.A.E., and Bahrain data roaming that has never hit my monthly statement.


    I'm sure there are others. I searched for "SIM" and "International." I'll bet if you searched on "Italy" you'd turn up some interesting stuff too.

    DOUBLE EDIT: be absolutely positive that Cingy has unlocked your 750 before you go. Ain't nuthin' worse than being "there" (wherever "there" is) and having communication difficulties because of carrier ineptitude.

    TRIPLE EDIT: your blushing bride will get p.o.'d if you spend too much time with your Treo. Remember, the trip is all about H.E.R.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 05/14/2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added cross-reference to a thread, unlocking advice, and marriage advice
  5. #5  
    Congrats and have fun on your honeymoon. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I am a sap!

Posting Permissions