Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #61  
    UPDATE: Actually, I might be wrong. This seems to be quite an old project, but that could actually be a benefit. From the app's discussion forum:
    Michael Videlgauz - 2015-10-05

Hello,
    I see that code is written against Qt4. Trying to build it with Qt5 raises compilation errors.
    Do you have plans on porting to code Qt5 (and VS2012/2013/etc rather than 2005/2010)? If you will accept it I could participate in this effort
    There doesn't seem to be a reply. However, members here may recall the earlier A-Browser experiment which involved porting Qt to the Pre (version 4.8)

Is it possible that would enable use of this on a wider range of devices? I have nothing older than a Pre2, but the description suggests A-Browser can work on anything except a Pixi.

It seems the last update of this project was in November 2017, but I can't find any reference to the required version of Qt. Perhaps it still uses 4.x?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/03/2018 at 09:51 AM.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have successfully (mostly) imported text messages before, but it was not very refined and certain characters caused issues, so some did not load. I didn't do this on a device, but there is no reason it should work differently than it did in the emulator. I intend to write a true import utility at some point, but it's a long way off. Honestly, for performance reasons, a separate messaging history viewer might be better. As long as you keep the exported files, they will (hopefully) be usable by the import. If I'm not mistaken though, I think I modified the export app, or I exported them a different way. I hope I took good notes. :|
    See this follow up:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There isn't really a way to do that, though I wouldn't go so far as to say it's impossible. I've played around with restoring messages on both webOS 1.x and 2.x with limited success, mostly as a learning experience. I wish I had taken some notes when I did it. Someone wrote a script once as part of a larger procedure that would take messages exported from 1.x and load them into 2.x, but I never tried it. Part of the problem is the keys that tie everything together (contacts, messages, and chats) are generated as stuff is added, so they all have to be regenerated.
    jasondoes likes this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234