Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Seems like at least a couple of weeks. An info?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    personally no info
    but the site answers to ping , so the server is not down and the dns is still registered
    Last edited by mazzinia; 12/01/2019 at 02:21 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    personally no info
    but the site answers to ping , so the server is not down and the dns is still registered
    Strange. No host connection via browser, and host error in Preware...

yes, that's correct. I only said that the remote server is working. The error I get trying to connect is "connection refused"... this makes me think that some firewall configuration is preventing incoming connections.

We would need to contact the owner
    1whocs likes this.
    I thought I'd already replied to this thread! ...and by the magic of 'restore auto-saved content' This is what I posted:
    I think I got in touch with the owner who gave me an assurance it would stay up, but not maintained. But this was years ago. I would have reported this on a thread. Or if it wasn't me, someone must have done for me to be thinking this.

I think I looked at it fairly recently as some one was asking for the glass theme, so it can't have gone down too long ago.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/02/2019 at 01:56 PM.
    1whocs likes this.
    I don't think that the site got "taken down".. my personal suspicion is that someone tweaked the firewall rules and forgot about prethemer, and now maybe is open to the intranet and not internet
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post

I think I looked at it fairly recently as some one was asking for the glass theme, so it can't have gone down too long ago.
    I think it was about 3 weeks ago that I last was on it. I regularly had been downloading themes to pick pieces, (my daily Pre2 is a Frankenstein in appearance, though no themes are applied...). Maybe someone out there has an archive...

In the thread preemptive linked, one person mentioned downloading 4gb of files.. so some archive should be floating around. the issue is getting hold of...
    https://web.archive.org/web/20191009...prethemer.com/
    but obviously downloads don't work