Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
Like Tree55Likes
    Oh boy... That's gonna be quite difficult for me to do lol. There's no easier way to get even just Gmail working?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    Oh boy... That's gonna be quite difficult for me to do lol. There's no easier way to get even just Gmail working?
    I know it sounds like a lot, but really there isn't much required for Gmail and Google sync on a fresh device with 2.2.4 (phone) or 3.0.5 (tablet). Unless I'm forgetting something, it's just openssl updater, frantid's cert root cert update package (perhaps not mandatory for Gmail yet, but may be eventually), and the Google sync behaviors and ubercalendar patches. You may be able to set Gmail up as a generic imap account without Google sync/ubercalendar - it's been a while since I did any of this, so I can't promise it hasn't changed or stopped working. Hang in there, and don't be afraid to ask for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    Just to note: You wrote that the Pre3 is on 2.2.4. Well, that's as far as you will get, so leave it as is as far as the OS is concerned. The Pre2 will be OK on 2.1, but you may as well get that to 2.2.4 also.

Remember these phones are old now. Any new fixes are usually aimed at Pre2, Pre3 and Veer running 2.2.4 and the TouchPad running 3.0.5. At minimum, a Pre+ that was never officially upgraded to 2.2.4 (but can be) should be OK. With any earlier models or OS versions there will be limitations on how many updates can be used.

That these things are even still usable is pretty good. Hardware development halted in 2011, partially open-sourced and effectively abandoned in 2012, servers closed in 2015. Four years later, we're still here (just!).
    The OpenSSL update pretty much completely breaks SSL on 2.1. It's not even close to okay.
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526