Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Public Service Announcement:

The disk controller on the file server hosting webos-internals.org, webos-ports.org, preware.net and various other related bits has died. As a result these are currently not available.

A replacement disk controller is being sourced and will be installed once received by the server admins.

Unfortunately no ETA for resolution yet.

I'll try to post updates here once more info is known.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    jonwise80 likes this.
    Thank you for the update! Lots of us were worried, glad it's nothing too fatal!
    Check out my webOS archival and development projects: http://www.jonandnic.com/webos | Like my apps? Why not buy me a coffee?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonwise80 View Post
    Thank you for the update! Lots of us were worried, glad it's nothing too fatal!
    Should not be, I'm not familiar with the specs of the controller and the availability of spare parts, but I suspect this is one of the HP servers that was donated ages ago, so I suspect spares should be quite easily available. I've asked the admins about a possible ETA. As soon as I know more, I'll post an update.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    jonwise80 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    As soon as I know more, I'll post an update
    If anyone has an offline backup, both Nomad84 and I are willing to host a mirror.
    Check out my webOS archival and development projects: http://www.jonandnic.com/webos | Like my apps? Why not buy me a coffee?
  5.    #5  
    Everything should be back to normal!

jonwise80 and Fred Zyphal like this.