Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes
    As noted on another thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3451364
    I edited the wiki page: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    • Added info about altering the HOSTS file
    • De-linked and struck-through the older versions that haven't been available since 2010(?)
    • Removed the section about getting a Doctor from Palm's long-defunct serial number lookup tool
    Preemptive likes this.
  2.    #22  
    This page was posted in the last meeting: Resources - WebOS Internals
    All the website links fail. Precentral.net does not redirect and could be updated to webOS Nation, but the others either lack content, are housing irrelevant material or are gone entirely.
    The question is do we remove or redirect to any archived material that may exist?
    Do we update this page with other links?
    I'd suggest de-link and strikethrough for posterity and new explanatory text along with new currently active links to pivotce, hosted mojo/enyo dev pages, enyojs.com, etc.
    I could take a stab in the next 2 weeks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    The question is do we remove or redirect to any archived material that may exist?
    Do we update this page with other links?
    Not remove old websites - but de-link (and explain what was there; what we have lost or where to find equivalent information today.
    Yes, we should add other links to the wiki (all can keep it updated there - while a WN post can only be edited by the author).
    Perhaps we need grouping on the wiki page according to the content or target user of the websites: webos users, webos developers, or by devices: Pre, Veer, TP, TV
    Preemptive likes this.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Not remove old websites - but de-link (and explain what was there; what we have lost or where to find equivalent information today.
    Yes, we should add other links to the wiki (all can keep it updated there - while a WN post can only be edited by the author).
    I guess we need to make a wiki page on information 'policy', so we treat everything in the same way. So it seems we are planning to de-link, but retain original references and supply new or alternative links where it is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Perhaps we need grouping on the wiki page according to the content or target user of the websites: webos users, webos developers, or by devices: Pre, Veer, TP, TV
    Great minds think alike! I started a thread on the preservation of documentation here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ser-group.html

I'm going to ask Misj to roll the Enyo / Mojo documentation item into this. Possibly we could use different websites for different types of information, but we need to give it some thought. I'll post more later on that thread.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  6.    #26  
    There is an error page at http://webos-internals.org/, so it looks like that is down entirely. Anyone have any thoughts? I'll see if Novaldex is able to fix whatever it is.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12