Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1755
Like Tree43Likes
    I need to reinstal Preware on my Veer after it restored itself to factory settings. All the download links for the Preware ipk that I tried don't work. Edited the host file on my WinPC, but still nothing. Does anyone have a working link for the most recent version?
    Hi and welcome,

you will find it here: Preware - webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog
    Well, preware.net seems to be down for a couple of days now. However, I managed to find the latest Preware on the archives at webosftp.qualitis.hu. Won't do much without the ipkg.preware.net link working...
    Hope it gets sorted out soon, I have a feeling 2019 is going to be a great WebOS/LuneOS year.
    Best wishes to all!
    Oh, sorry. I didn't know that preware.net is down again. Let's hope it will be back soon.
    Ah, preware.net is up again. I was getting worried. I've become dependent....
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Hey. Back again, feeling nostalgic after 6/6/2019...Thought i'd play with my Pre 3, update Preware and see if I could get some things working again. I am having some trouble installing Preware v 1.9.14. My current version is 1.9.12. I downloaded WOSQI v4.7.2u, set my phone to dev mode, was recognized successfully. Added the Preware idk, clicked install and it's been spinning for over an hour. Have I missed anything? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    downloaded WOSQI v4.7.2u
    Hmm ... I haven't tried the new version yet, but I used v4.6.0 to install Preware on my Pre 3 when it was new last year, and it went right on, no problems ... try that.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    Hmm ... I haven't tried the new version yet, but I used v4.6.0 to install Preware on my Pre 3 when it was new last year, and it went right on, no problems ... try that.
    Should have thought of that. It worked. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Fred Zyphal and MudShark22 like this.
    Question for anyone - I'm hoping to find a package, (zip or ipk or whatever), for a theme on Preware. I think it's called "super glass icons", or something, (I don't have the phone w/ me at the moment...). I see that there are some themes available on Preware catalog/PivotCE, but not many, (unless I'm missing something), but they are all still available for install from Preware. Is there any way to download packages from Preware, or any other ideas?

Thanks
    Glass effect suite?
    PreThemer // Searching themes for "Glass"
    Who ever ran Prethemer left it up for us, but it's not maintained. Should work though.
    1whocs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Glass effect suite?
    PreThemer // Searching themes for "Glass"
    Who ever ran Prethemer left it up for us, but it's not maintained. Should work though.
    Oh yeah... I forgot about PreThemer. It's here - Super Glass Icons Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer Thanks
    Ok, how about this: I uninstalled/reinstalled Preware to do the enable-alpha-feeds thing, and to reinstall, I was lazy, and didn't feel like going to the computer, so installed vial xTerm 'ipkg install', which showed up as installed, but I got "... Preware unable to send" error, and no ability to load any feeds, so after being unable to install with WebOSQI, (error "unable to remove") going back and forth with WebOSQU, and xTerm, and Preware/Internalz, and finally removing from root with ipkg remove, I finally was able to install it properly, but now I have no icon. I can launch it from Internalz by clicking on ipk and opening it, (3 options: launch, install, remove), and it works normally, but there's no icon anywhere. I did try messing around with appinfo.json, but I don't really know what I'm doing... Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whocs View Post
    I was lazy, and didn't feel like going to the computer
    https://www.webos-internals.org/wiki...e_command_line
    Thanks - I did that after the fact, and everything successful, (I chose 'yes' to include alpha, and to replace version), but didn't fix missing icon...
    So, interesting discovery - I was poking through the filesystem, and I came across /var/luna/data/.hidden-apps.json. I opened it up and found 1 line: { "org.webosinternals.preware" }
    I deleted it, and Preware icon showed back up. No idea how or why that entry was made...
    Preemptive likes this.