Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1740
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    I'm in need of SaveRestore dependencies: "org.webosinternals.zip_3.0-1_armv7.ipk" and "org.webosinternals.unzip_6.0-1_armv7.ipk"
    Huge thanks to Nizovn!!! He built the armv7 ipks for me/us and I put them along with AUSMT, lsdiff, GNU and some Canuck bits on a public URL: Index of /webos/preware-dependencies-armv7
    So if you (like me) think you have backups of everything you'll ever need only to find you're missing any of these dependencies they should remain available from the above URL.
    Nafetz and MudShark22 like this.
    I tried to backup every single patch or software that I need for my devices but had to find out that I made some mistakes when my Veer died on 23th of August and I had to set up another one from scratch. So I#M still waiting to get some gaps closed

But I can deliver zip and unzip from my backuporg.webosinternals.zip_3.0-1_armv7.ziporg.webosinternals.unzip_6.0-1_armv7.zip

Edit: Some minutes too late because of the door bell ringing and talking with my neighbours
    bbito and MudShark22 like this.
    The server work does appear to be complete. webos-internals.org and webos-ports.org are back online. It seems that preware.net DNS was not updated. I am letting Tom King know now. In the meantime, preware.net is available at 23.141.224.193. Be sure to update your /etc/hosts for old references to ipkg.preware.org!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Grabber5.0 and Nafetz like this.
    WebOS-Ports
    There's a "deprecated" warning on the top

and

WebOS Internals has this error on the left frame , towards the bottom of it

<google uid="C01" position="left"></google>
    Last edited by mazzinia; 09/13/2018 at 03:32 AM.
    Beware : ipkg.preware.org already got hijacked and opens a malware page
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Beware : ipkg.preware.org already got hijacked and opens a malware page
    The preware.org domain was lost years ago. Alas, a switch was made to preware.net. Around that time, because Preware didn't/doesn't have a way to edit existing repositories, it was suggested that users could add an entry in their /etc/hosts to point ipkg.preware.org to the correct Preware IP address so that they could continue using it. There should be a discussion somewhere in this forum, and maybe even this topic, about it! But yeah... preware.org RIP :'(
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Preware didn't/doesn't have a way to edit existing repositories
    Hey dkirker, Preware was shifted to preware.net with 1.9.13 (currently on 1.9.14): https://github.com/webos-internals/p...b9af7d044ae457
    So if you are running Preware 1.9.13 or 1.9.14 the current lack of DNS can be fixed with the following added to /etc/hosts
    Code:
    23.141.224.193  ipkg.preware.net
    Only if you're running Preware 1.9.12 or earlier will you need:
    Code:
    23.141.224.193  ipkg.preware.org
    Last edited by bbito; 09/14/2018 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added hosts examples
    For clarity: The loss of Preware.org & the move to Preware.net is an old issue that should not affect anyone running the latest versions of Preware & WOSQI.

The HOSTS file fixes above should only be needed for urgent access, assuming the DNS is correctly set & eventually propagate across the web.

I take it the IP numbers changed due to the servers being physically moved.
    mmm it's taking long, for the dns to be fixed ( aka, is still not registered )
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Hey dkirker, Preware was shifted to preware.net with 1.9.13 (currently on 1.9.14): https://github.com/webos-internals/p...b9af7d044ae457
    So if you are running Preware 1.9.13 or 1.9.14 the current lack of DNS can be fixed with the following added to /etc/hosts
    Code:
    Only if you're running Preware 1.9.12 or earlier will you need:
    Code:
    23.141.224.193  ipkg.preware.org
    I remember the change being made. Oddly, when I upgraded it apparently didn't successfully update the configs I had. I may just manually change it. I probably didn't bother to look into it because I added the hosts change before 1.9.13 and it "just worked". :/

But either way, there is the new IP. There are folks that know about the needed change. I haven't heard about an update. I'll have to check IRC this evening.

Preemptive, Yes, the IP addresses did change because of the move. It appears a few other things did change, as some have noticed, but for the most part it is looking like things are getting back to normal (except maybe the Preware DNS).
    Did you know:

Could someone please do a little write up or point me to on how to change the preware dns on a pre 2. Updated on a win 10 machine and WEBOSQI now works. THANK YOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondoes View Post
    Could someone please do a little write up or point me to on how to change the preware dns on a pre 2
    Easiest is to use Internalz in "Master mode" which provides root permissions to the Internalz text editor and set the "Newline format" preference to "Linux".
    Navigate to:
    /etc/
    scroll down past all the folders and find the file named "hosts" and choose Open
    Type in the following line under any existing entries:
    Code:
    Choose "Save File" from the Internalz app menu and close.
    -That should do it.
    Last edited by bbito; 09/18/2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Correct exact line ending preference name
    steffensammet likes this.
    Everythings great till I hit save and it hangs. I'll wait to see if things change when I get back from my trip.
    thank you bbito.
    This worked for me
    Everythings great till I hit save and it hangs. I'll wait to see if things change when I get back from my trip.
    I can't remember if developer mode is a factor here, but you could check if you have it on.

Here is pivotCE's guide: Tip: Edit Your Hosts File for Access to Old Palm Servers | pivotCE. I've updated it with the new IP address.
    Developer mode, shouldn't
    Master mode , in internalz preferences, instead, is a factor
    Perhaps you were able to install Internalz Pro without its dependency:
    Code:
    Depends: ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
    Check to see if you have that installed in Preware it should show up as "FileMgr"
    "FileMgr" itself depends on Canuck's Javascript Service Framework who's real name gets clobbered by this forum software (jsjsjs-$service$-$framework$).
    So if you have Internalz without those 2 dependencies, that might explain your issue.
    I have the appropriate versions of both of those dependencies for a Pre2 running webOS 2.2.4 available for download here:
    preware-dependencies-armv7/ca.canucksoftware.js-service-framework_1.0.2_all_1.ipk
    &
    preware-dependencies-armv7/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.9_all.ipk
    Last edited by bbito; 09/20/2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: missing "of"
    All this aside , is there an ETA for the dns fix? It should be a trivial thing, but apparently is dragging.. and while we have a temporary solution, the same cannot be said for whoever relies on preware and is not part of this forum.
    From the irc logs, it is being worked on but no eta noted. People with the right access are out of pocket currently.

Sent from my OPO awaiting LuneOS
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Preware feeds should be back shortly. DNS has been updated and updates are now getting propagated around the globe. Working at my end already.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2