Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
Like Tree27Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Metaview has a Pebble Time now and is working on getting mwatch to work with 4.x firmware. No news yet but hopefully it's good news.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    Any update on 4.x functionality, Metaview?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    creepingmee likes this.
  2. #22  
    I was thinking about this the other day and thought that it was time to post just a little FYI for anyone who might be interested in buying a pebble for the purpose of connecting it to your webOS phone. The pebble watches that work with webOS currently are: Original Classic, The Original Steel, The entire time series (so long as you downgrade the firmware to 3.14). The webOS phones will NEVER work with the Pebble 2SE or Pebble 2HR, reason being, they only use bluetooth LE which the webOS phones do not have. Also at this point in time, the time series has to be run on 3.14 firmware or older. 4.3 firmware would require an update to mwatch. I hope this answers questions for those interested in connecting their pebble to their webOS phone.
    Preemptive and Grabber5.0 like this.
  3. #23  
    Hi all,
    I've patched MWatch v0.9.22 to add support to select the colour of the notifications displayed on Pebble Colour devices such as Pebble Time Round.

    Use the single file in mwatch_notification_colour.zip to patch MWatch.
    The files in zip file notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150_noemail_1p3c.zip add new Tweaks json preferences to be able to specify the colour of Project Macaw, email and messenging notifications.
    Finally the single file in ubercal_mwatch_update_v01.zip which should be applied AFTER UberCal has been installed, will allow MWatch to show the proper icon for Calendar events. At this stage, the colour for Calendar events are set and cannot be specified by the user. I just need to get around to updating it.

    Baldric
    PS. Remember to copy the .json file to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences
    Xeron, Grabber5.0 and MetaView like this.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Hi all,
    I've patched MWatch v0.9.22 to add support to select the colour of the notifications displayed on Pebble Colour devices such as Pebble Time Round.

    Use the single file in mwatch_notification_colour.zip to patch MWatch.
    The files in zip file notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150_noemail_1p3c.zip add new Tweaks json preferences to be able to specify the colour of Project Macaw, email and messenging notifications.
    Finally the single file in ubercal_mwatch_update_v01.zip which should be applied AFTER UberCal has been installed, will allow MWatch to show the proper icon for Calendar events. At this stage, the colour for Calendar events are set and cannot be specified by the user. I just need to get around to updating it.

    Baldric
    PS. Remember to copy the .json file to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences
    Thanks to Alan Morford for letting me know that the mwatch_notification_colour.patch doesn't apply.
    Before applying it, you need to convert

    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.metaviewsoft.mwatch/app/assistants/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    to UNIX style line encoding as for some reason it is DOS encoded. The patch will not apply if DOS encoded.

    Baldric
    PS. Not sure why the suffix is being repeated. Just have one.
    Last edited by baldric; 09/25/2017 at 11:18 PM.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Thanks to Alan Morford for letting me know that the mwatch_notification_colour.patch doesn't apply.
    Before applying it, you need to convert

    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.metaviewsoft.mwatch/app/assistants/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    to UNIX style line encoding as for some reason it is DOS encoded. The patch will not apply if DOS encoded.
    Ah, I had the same problem patching the Communities app. I suspect it has to do with the dev using a Windows machine and an editor that uses Windows line-endings by default. I doubt they get converted when the IPK is built. Though now that I think about it, I can't see Metaview using a Windows machine.
    Nafetz likes this.
  6. #26  
    Hi,

    I'm thinking about buying a Pebble Time Watch but it would be useless if it would not be possible to use it with my Veer.
    Does anybody know the answers to my following questions?

    • Is it possible to find official firmware 3.X for Pebble Time? Found nothing here...
    • Is connecting with webOS possible with Firmware 4? (I read that there are no notifications)
    • Did progress in making Firmware 4 work end because it was very hard or even impossible? Or was it only because webOS had already died and so there was no use in it anymore? (In the first case I have no chance to do this - in the second case ...maybe)
  7.    #27  
    It's just because I'm too lazy to set up everything to do the Firmware 4 adjustments. Probably it isn't much, but who knows. I don't even know anymore how to create a webOS app... Too much time passes away.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Nafetz likes this.
  8. #28  
    The Pebble Time is "snowy" https://pebblefw.s3.amazonaws.com/pe...-snowy_dvt.pbz

    This should work. Flash with an android phone by opening the files on the device with the official pebble app.

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Nafetz likes this.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    It's just because I'm too lazy to set up everything to do the Firmware 4 adjustments. Probably it isn't much, but who knows. I don't even know anymore how to create a webOS app... Too much time passes away.
    No problem - we still enjoy great apps you developed (e.g. MWatch). Thank you very much!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Great! Thank you! I tried to guess the url yesterday, but I tried 3.12.3 instead of 3.14

    I'm looking forward to get one in some weeks or months ...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  10. #30  
    I didn't expect getting a cheap used Pepple Time so fast, but I was lucky

    But on the other hand I was a little bit disappointed:
    It was possible for me flashing my Pebble Time with firmware 3.14. But I didn't expect that apps and watchfaces that work with Pebble Classic and firmware 3.12.3 won't work on Pebble Time 3.14 - like Timer+ or the original Pebble Sliding Text.
    I would have liked to use my Pebble Time, but now I'm stuck

    So I had a first view of the problems running MWatch and firmware 4.3:
    A connection can be established. And the ringer test is working, too. But the name and the number of the caller is probably not transmitted the right way - so this is the first point for investigations.

    So maybe it is not too hard to make things work - at least if you have an idea of what is happening between the phone and the watch.
    Accidentally I don't have an idea
    (I guess I found the right place to start in the file pebble_js)
    But even if chances are very small - I'll try to get information how the "magic" works. Any help (e.g. documentation links) is appreciated
  11. #31  
    Ok, learned some very interesting lessons today
    The magic tools to continue are:
    • Android phone
    • App Gadgetbridge
    • Debug Mode in Gadgetbridge
    • Developer Mode in the settings of Android
    • Bluetooth HCI Snoop Log in the Developer Mode
    • Wireshark to view the log files


    What I found out:
    Incoming calls with MWatch are transferring the same data like using Gadgetbridge -> so this is displayed on the Pebble Time (my last note was not completely correct)
    But messages like emails are not transferring the same data like Gadgetbridge.

    What is very interesting:
    I could not find a difference between sending emails with Gadgetbridge to a device with firmware 3.12.3 or 4.3.....
    Maybe MWatch was made for firmware far lower than 3.12.3 and 4.3 doesn't accept the old way?

    At least there is hope now that I know how the data to transfer might look like.
    But I might need some free weekends
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  12. #32  
    If you start at the right end, it's very easy
    You only have to tell MWatch how to recognize a Pebble firmware version 4 and treat it like version 3.
    Only the music app is a little bit harder - and this time it will really last some time until I can continue

    Here is a patch to use webOS with Pebble Time (4.3) - at the moment without support for the music player
    MWatchForPebble4.zip

    Important:
    You have to edit the original file app-assistants_js and change Window line breaks into Unix line breaks.
    Otherwise it will not be patch-able.
    MudShark22 and Preemptive like this.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    If you start at the right end, it's very easy
    You only have to tell MWatch how to recognize a Pebble firmware version 4 and treat it like version 3.
    Only the music app is a little bit harder - and this time it will really last some time until I can continue

    Here is a patch to use webOS with Pebble Time (4.3) - at the moment without support for the music player
    MWatchForPebble4.zip

    Important:
    You have to edit the original file app-assistants_js and change Window line breaks into Unix line breaks.
    Otherwise it will not be patch-able.
    Seriously that's all you had to do? Ashamed of myself for not trying that. I thought since it was a binary message format that it had changed in an incompatible way. :| It is similar to what I had to do for Forums and vBulletin.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    If you start at the right end, it's very easy
    You only have to tell MWatch how to recognize a Pebble firmware version 4 and treat it like version 3.
    Only the music app is a little bit harder - and this time it will really last some time until I can continue .
    Nice work!
  15. #35  
    Ok, I'm giving up. I have no idea any more why music isn't working. I can see no difference using a Pebble Time or Classic paired with Android. And I can see no difference using Pebble Time or Classic paired with webOS. So I can't explain why no Music is displayed on Pebble Time paired with webOS...
    Maybe it's "only" a timeout problem?
    Who knows...........
  16. #36  
    I haven't tried it in a long time. One thing I know though is only system apps (edit: apps not named com.palm.app.music) can broadcast song info to BT devices, and since it's not playing the music, it's probably not going to get notifications for music status.
  17. #37  
    In our case MWatch is sending song information.
    In the debug messages I can see the values that are (probably) sent and they look good to me (compared to what is happening when "Bluetooth HCI Snoop Logging" with Android) . And I get a message that they are sent successfully.
    But I can't see what is recieved by the Pebble Time.
    There seems to be some kind of "general handshake" so I can send and recieve notifications.
    If I send wrong music values then I can't send and recieve notifications any more after this.
    So at the moment I assume sending correct music information because I am still recieving notifications afterwards.
    But the music information gets lost somewhere...

    Would be nice to have this functionality because it's the only way to jump backwards in your playlist by remote control.
    But I have no idea how to find out what's missing
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03/01/2015, 08:37 PM
  2. Pebble + HP Pre 3
    By blaziiken311 in forum HP Pre 3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08/22/2013, 12:48 PM
  3. Smartwatch: i´mWatch. Video.
    By akitayo in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09/09/2012, 12:43 AM
  4. Should HP keep the pebble look?
    By nimer55 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02/23/2011, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions