Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
    Hi guys,

first, thanks a lot for making alive this webos SW. I'm very new in webos, got my Pre 3 yesterday, but I already get used to dead OS (I've had Nokia N9, most BB10, Ubuntu Phone, FirefoxOS phone and currently I have Xperia X with SailfishOS).
    Anyway, good news that supporting TLS 1.2 is on top of priority as I think it is very important. What about all the other security method like STARTTLS, NTLM ?

Thanks

Math
    Er... I'm not sure. You could mention it on the thread: Is the end of support for TLS 1.0 & 1.1 a problem? - webOS Nation Forums
  2.    #162  
    Proposed agenda for Meeting No. 21 of The webOS User Group, on March 17th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode. Instructions to register user (nick) name.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/11/2019 at 07:20 PM.
  3.    #163  
    Timing will be slightly tight for me on Sunday. I will want to be done by 1900 (we pretty did this last time). We might be able to cover everything by then or someone can always take over.
  4.    #164  
    **PLEASE NOTE: NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PROMISE AND NO TIME LINES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. ANY PROGRESS WILL BE HELPED IF MORE PEOPLE OFFER ASSISTANCE.**

Summary of Meeting No. 21 of The webOS User Group, on March 17th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The full log of the twentieth meeting is here: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos/webos.20190318.txt: SUN March 17th.

A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/14/2019 at 09:39 AM.
    gazaud likes this.
    I won't be able to attend the meeting on Sunday. Also, unfortunately, my laptop's hard drive decided to stop working, so I am recovering from that and kind of set back a bit with stuff... (Building a new Ubuntu install, which means re-installing dev environments. And also looking into recovery options. All uncommit source code is fine.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    ouch.

sadly we all ( I'm admitting my own fault ) tend to be lazy to do full hdd recurring images as offline backups
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    ouch.

sadly we all ( I'm admitting my own fault ) tend to be lazy to do full hdd recurring images as offline backups
    Yeah... I used to do it routinely when I was using a Mac. But then I switched to a ThinkPad and Linux and hadn't had a chance to set up a backup solution (or buy a backup medium since the 1TB HDD and 250GB SSD was the biggest storage combination I have). Of course, "hadn't had a chance" turned in to two years getting away from me... Oh well.
    Did you know:

has been the ssd failing ?
  9.    #169  
    Proposed agenda for Meeting No. 22 of The webOS User Group, on April 14th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode. Instructions to register user (nick) name.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  10.    #170  
    Bit of a last minute agenda post there! If there is no progress on the priority project, I'm wondering what else we can focus on. I suspect the meta-doctors are still a bit stalled. Location service?

Note. On the Assumption that Jonwise80 is stepping back a bit from webOS, I've called the nightmoves app 'done' for now and removed this item. I have also removed the discussion item on the sale of mobile Nations to Future Publishing as there seem to be no further comments and assurances that nothing will change anytime soon. Both these items can be restored if necessary.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/14/2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    has been the ssd failing ?
    It was the hard drive.
    Did you know:

12.    #172  
    **PLEASE NOTE: NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PROMISE AND NO TIME LINES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. ANY PROGRESS WILL BE HELPED IF MORE PEOPLE OFFER ASSISTANCE.**

Summary of Meeting No. 22 of The webOS User Group, on April 14th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The full log of the twenty second meeting is here: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos/webos.20190415.txt: SUN March 17th.

A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/11/2019 at 03:41 PM.
    (Responding to the IRC log.) Definitely not abandoning the project. Apologies for no updates in a while. Anyway, I am re-building the build environments (I'll save up to try to restore documents from the drive). Thankfully, all of the source code and repositories I keep on a 1TB SSD that wasn't affected. So, once I get the toolchains re-setup I can continue on. I won't promise any progress this weekend, but hopefully (assuming I haven't been drained of my energy and sleep the entire weekend, like every weekend for the last few years) will be able to do something. Even with using a Squid proxy I am still strongly feeling set backs of not having an updated OpenSSL, so I do have some pressure there. (Also, I can't properly get T-Mobile MMS working until the OpenSSL thing is resolved...)
    Did you know:

14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    (Responding to the IRC log.) Definitely not abandoning the project. Apologies for no updates in a while. Anyway, I am re-building the build environments (I'll save up to try to restore documents from the drive). Thankfully, all of the source code and repositories I keep on a 1TB SSD that wasn't affected. So, once I get the toolchains re-setup I can continue on. I won't promise any progress this weekend, but hopefully (assuming I haven't been drained of my energy and sleep the entire weekend, like every weekend for the last few years) will be able to do something. Even with using a Squid proxy I am still strongly feeling set backs of not having an updated OpenSSL, so I do have some pressure there. (Also, I can't properly get T-Mobile MMS working until the OpenSSL thing is resolved...)
    Hi dkirker,
    You already posted your hardware problems, so we were aware and no one is assuming the project is cancelled. Everyone who has seen your recent posts are aware that you are very busy with your job. It's great that you are persevering with this.

I have no idea how much support the community can offer, but I would suggest putting the code onto github (or similar). Aside from being an extra back up, there's a chance that someone could lend a hand with the development of the code - especially as this is going to be a key update as websites are updated to the newer standards.
  15.    #175  
    Proposed agenda for Meeting No. 23 of The webOS User Group, on May 12th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode. Instructions to register user (nick) name.

16.    #176  
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the start of tomorrow's meeting. I may be able to appear later, but will probably miss all of it.

Anyone who wishes to chair the meeting is welcome to do so. I don't think it should be cancelled, but if members want to reschedule, I should point out that next weekend is not possible for me either.

So you might want to decide on this thread or just connect to the meeting at the start and decide how to proceed on the day.

Updates for the meeting are that
    • I have posted a version of a webOS Ports checklist on the LuneOS testing thread
    • Requested some clarification about the IP location service in the hope that this will edge us closer to a solution.
    • I suggested at the last meeting that testing back up options become a project. - obviously, nothing stops me or anyone else from doing it anyway, I just think an official project gets a bit more attention.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/11/2019 at 04:06 PM.
  17.    #177  
    So we might reschedule. Possible date: 26th May. We are thinking that if there are developments on existing projects or new issues, then we could do that.

Or we just go for June. Possible date: 23rd.

It doesn't have to be me doing it - if others are willing to manage a meeting, other dates could happen.
    Alas, couldn't make the last meeting. Ran some trains for almost 12 hours on May 11th to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad and was dead exhausted until 3pm on the 12th. :-O
    Did you know:

19.    #179  
    Have you made any progress? Is there a date for the next meeting you'd prefer?
  20.    #180  
    It seems I'm likely to be free on the 26th - if there are any developments to discuss.

If nothing is posted here that will make a meeting worthwhile, then I suggest 23rd June.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast