Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 183
Like Tree91Likes
  1.    #141  
    **PLEASE NOTE: NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PROMISE AND NO TIME LINES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. ANY PROGRESS WILL BE HELPED IF MORE PEOPLE OFFER ASSISTANCE.**

    Summary of Meeting No. 16 of The webOS User Group, on October 21st 2018 at 1600 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    The full log of the sixteenth meeting is here: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos/webos.20181022.txt: SUN October 21st.

    A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/22/2018 at 09:56 PM.
    cbosdell likes this.
  2.    #142  
    Proposed agenda for Meeting No. 17 of The webOS User Group, on November 25th 2018 at 1630 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode. Instructions to register user (nick) name.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've made a few changes. Feel free to post if you think of anything that can be added. Inactive projects may be temporarily removed.

    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/22/2018 at 10:01 PM.
  3.    #143  
    BUMP!
    I just put the app gallery back on the agenda and this is also a reminder that the next meeting is on Sunday (take careful note of the time!).

    If you have anything you want added to the agenda, post here.
  4.    #144  
    **PLEASE NOTE: NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PROMISE AND NO TIME LINES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. ANY PROGRESS WILL BE HELPED IF MORE PEOPLE OFFER ASSISTANCE.**

    Summary of Meeting No. 17 of The webOS User Group, on November 25th 2018 at 1630 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    • 1. Attendees & Introductions of new attendees.
      There were 6 attendees.
    • 2. Any proposed updates to the aims or rules of the group.
      None.
    • 3. Possible selection of officers or area contacts.
      No proposals.
    • 4. Progress reports.
    • 5. Discussion of other items.
      The meeting ended with no further discussion.
      • 5.1. Is the end of support for TLS 1.0 & 1.1 a problem?
      • 5.2. Device back up options.
      • 5.3. webOS Vulnerabilities and Fixes.
      • 5.4. LG's webOS Open Source Edition.
      • 5.5. Possible Emoji support.
      • 5.6. Does the VPN app need an update?
    • 6. Any other business.
    • 7. Date of next meeting.
      December 16th at 1700 GMT

    The full log of the seventeenth meeting is here: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos/webos.20181026.txt: SUN November 25th.

    A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/04/2018 at 11:29 PM.
  5.    #145  
    Proposed agenda for Meeting No. 18 of The webOS User Group, on December 16th 2018 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode. Instructions to register user (nick) name.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've made a few changes. Feel free to post if you think of anything that can be added. Inactive projects may be temporarily removed.

    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/16/2018 at 10:03 AM.
  6.    #146  
    Just made a few tweaks above. See you later today!
  7.    #147  
    **PLEASE NOTE: NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PROMISE AND NO TIME LINES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. ANY PROGRESS WILL BE HELPED IF MORE PEOPLE OFFER ASSISTANCE.**

    Summary of Meeting No. 18 of The webOS User Group, on December 16th 2018 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • 1. Attendees & Introductions of new attendees.
      There were 6 attendees.
    • 2. Any proposed updates to the aims or rules of the group.
      None.
    • 3. Possible selection of officers or area contacts.
      No proposals.
    • 4. Progress reports.
    • 5. Discussion of other items.
      • 5.1. Device back up options.
        The group discussed an article about game enthusiasts making their own game servers for old games. A recent U.S. ruling has allowed this for 'research purposes' where people have legal access to the original server code. We do not have HP's back up code and know of no one outside the company who does. Reverse engineering my be possible, but unlikely given the effort involved. While it may be worth asking HP for the original code, that or making a new back up system (and app store) seem to be the two options.
      • 5.2. webOS Vulnerabilities and Fixes.
        • 5.2.1. Is the end of support for TLS 1.0 & 1.1 a problem?
          It was generally agreed that this needs fixing. Though the new browsers contain their own libraries, this can also affect web services and of course, the stock browser. An attempt to simply drop in the LuneOS version failed, but dkirker is trying to build the new protocols into a webOS package. There was some scepticism if the backwards compatibility would work, but it may be possible to get to 1.2 (current best protocol) even if 1.3 (future) breaks too much. In the light of the work being done, this item will become a project.
        • 5.2.2. Does the VPN app need an update?
          It may be possible to use LuneOS / OpenVPN code and make a simple wrapper for webOS, but this is currently lower priority than TLS.
      • 5.3. LG's webOS Open Source Edition
        nizovn is porting pure OSE to the Xaomi A1 (tissot) as an exercise / demonstration.
      • 5.4. Possible Emoji support. (it needs more than a new font)
        It was reported that the emoji codes are being correctly stored and parsed, but are likely unsupported in Luna service manager. It's likely that a webkit upgrade would be required - a lot of work.
      • 5.5. Possible LuneOS testing protocol.
        It was suggested that creating a test process on a thread would help standardise things and perhaps slightly increase the number of testers.
    • 6. Any other business.
      No further business.
    • 7. Date of next meeting.
      January 13th 2019 at 1700 GMT

    The full log of the eighteenth meeting is here: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos/webos.20181217.txt: SUN December 16th.

    A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/13/2019 at 01:24 PM.
  8.    #148  
    I was thinking that people might want to suggest project priorities and I could order the projects on the agenda. Also, there's the possibility of getting almost a 'team' (i.e. more than one person!) on an important project. This will of course depend on people having similar or complementary skills as well as the availability factor. So it's a bit of a long shot!

    So, does anyone have thoughts on what's the order? From most to least urgent rather than important.
  9.    #149  
    Proposed agenda for Meeting No. 19 of The webOS User Group, on January 13th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode. Instructions to register user (nick) name.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/13/2019 at 10:56 AM.
  10.    #150  
    **PLEASE NOTE: NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PROMISE AND NO TIME LINES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. ANY PROGRESS WILL BE HELPED IF MORE PEOPLE OFFER ASSISTANCE.**

    Summary of Meeting No. 19 of The webOS User Group, on January 13th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • 1. Attendees & Introductions of new attendees.
      There were 4 attendees.
      • 2.1. Selection of a Priority Project?
        It was proposed and agreed that each meeting would select a "Priority Project" for the month ahead. This would commonly be the most important or urgent project and the process would highlight and promote the project in the hope of focusing and attracting help and support.
    • 3. Possible selection of officers or area contacts.
      No proposals.
    • 4. Progress reports.
    • 5. Discussion of other items.
      • 5.1. Device back up options.
        No updates.
      • 5.2. webOS Vulnerabilities and Fixes.
        No new reports.
      • 5.3. LG's webOS Open Source Edition
        The port of 'raw' OSE to the A1 continues. adb access is now possible, so debugging can be done, but the project does not yet boot.
      • 5.4. Possible Emoji support. (it needs more than a new font)
        Whatever the exact bug is, it is currently considered too deep in the system to bother investigating further at this time as there are more important problems.
      • 5.5. Possible LuneOS testing protocol.
        The policy of the webOS User Group is to support webOS Ports and LuneOS, but the group is not webOS Ports. Although this is considered a useful idea, we await a sign of formal approval before drafting a testing protocol for users.
    • 6. Any other business.
      • 6.1. It was mentioned in passing that there was an update to the completed Qt browser project to adjust the UI for the smaller screen of the Veer.
      • 6.2. An idea to possibly 'feature' a dormant project or discussion item will be discussed next month.
      • 6.3. It was proposed and agreed that Upgrading TLS to at least 1.2. will be the current Priority Project.
    • 7. Date of next meeting.
      February 17th 2019 at 1700 GMT

    The full log of the nineteenth meeting is here: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos/webos.20190114.txt: SUN January 13th.

    A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/16/2019 at 08:59 PM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  11.    #151  
    Following the meeting of January 2019, the webOS User Group designated Upgrading TLS to at least version 1.2. as a Priority Project. Anyone with the appropriate knowledge and skills is invited to offer advice and help.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  12.    #152  
    Proposed agenda for Meeting No. 20 of The webOS User Group, on February 17th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode. Instructions to register user (nick) name.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/17/2019 at 07:24 AM.
  13. #153  
    An update on our side on 4.1, 4.2, 4.4 and 4.5. The git.webos-internals.org has been recovered mostly. We have 95 repos migrated to http://GitHub.com/wosigh

    There are 7 repos missing still, being:
    ClassicInvaders
    devtoolbox
    mendeley
    pulseaudiorestarter
    terminus
    tide
    xterm

    If anyone has a local copy, I'd gladly receive it.


    About 30 of those 95 repos have now been migrated from wosigh to http://GitHub.com/webos-internals

    At the same time we have been working on getting Preware feeds to build (http://GitHub.com/webos-internals/build). This is now more or less working (feeds get generated, but still issues in the logs to solve) and feeds to verify.

    This all will help in getting patches in, the OpenSSL efforts and also the meta-doctor project.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    bbito, dkirker and Preemptive like this.
  14. #155  
    We've been able to recover the missing packages as well now and things start to look better in terms of Preware feeds. Still not there and still areas to cover but we'll get there step by step.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  15.    #156  
    BUMP! The next meeting is Sunday.

    Post if you want anything added to the agenda.
    Misj' likes this.
  16. mousse04's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #157  
    Hi,

    I'm very new about WebOS, but I'm surprise, and I thank all people in the community, that many services are stil working fine or have app for it. Google service, Twitter,Dropbox.
    The bad point is about security, in particular, for email app. As you stated TLS 1.2 support is the priority and I think you've right.
    What about other new security method like :
    STARTTLS, NTLM etc ... ?

    Thanks for making this great SW alive
  17. mousse04's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #158  
    Hi guys,

    first, thanks a lot for making alive this webos SW. I'm very new in webos, got my Pre 3 yesterday, but I already get used to dead OS (I've had Nokia N9, most BB10, Ubuntu Phone, FirefoxOS phone and currently I have Xperia X with SailfishOS).
    Anyway, good news that supporting TLS 1.2 is on top of priority as I think it is very important. What about all the other security method like STARTTLS, NTLM ?

    Thanks

    Math
  18.    #159  
    BUMP! It's today.

    I added an item on the GPS date rollover - don't know if this can be established in advance.
  19.    #160  
    **PLEASE NOTE: NOTHING HERE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PROMISE AND NO TIME LINES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. ANY PROGRESS WILL BE HELPED IF MORE PEOPLE OFFER ASSISTANCE.**

    Summary of Meeting No. 20 of The webOS User Group, on February 17th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC. IRC: #webOS channel on Freenode.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • 1. Attendees & Introductions of new attendees.
      There were 7 attendees.
    • 2. Any proposed updates to the aims or rules of the group.
      • 2.1. Maybe 'feature' a dormant project or discussion item?
        This was agreed to be a useful, but non-urgent idea.
    • 3. Possible selection of officers or area contacts.
      No proposals.
    • 4. Progress reports.
      Herrie updated on fixes and reclaimed webOS Internals files. These will help restore the patch portal and the building of app and patches. With help from rwhitby & novaldex, everything from git.webos-internals.org has been recovered and is in either http://github.com/wosigh or http://github.com/webos-internals . Patches can be accepted to these repositories.
    • 5. Discussion of other items.
      • 5.1. Device back up options.
        Skipped
      • 5.2. webOS Vulnerabilities and Fixes.
        • 5.2.1. Does the VPN app need an update?
          It is assumed the TLS fix will at least aid a possible update.
        • 5.2.2. Will current firmware support the GPS date rollover?
          It's is possible, that legacy webOS is 'new' enough to have up to date firmware. If not, it will hopefully be possible to check the model of the chip and determine if updates are available from the manufacturer. If there are none, it remains to be seen if the community could create updates. It should be noted that the broken IP location service (4.3) is inconvenient, but failure of the GPS system will likely render webOS devices unusable for typical navigation scenarios.
      • 5.3. LG's webOS Open Source Edition
        It is now possible to pair Bluetooth headphones with webOS OSE on RaspberyPi.
      • 5.4. Possible Emoji support. (it needs more than a new font)
        Skipped
      • 5.5. Possible LuneOS testing protocol.
        No updates.
      • 5.6. MMS issues.
        dkirker was looking into a bug where certain carrier's messaging protocols caused the messaging app to ignore MMS messages. This is not currently considered urgent.
    • 6. Priority Project.
      This remains unchanged. There was no proposal to highlight any dormant project.
    • 7. Any other business.
      None.
    • 9. Date of next meeting.
      March 17th 2019 at 1700 GMT / UTC.

    The full log of the twentieth meeting is here: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos/webos.20190218.txt: SUN February 17th.

    A LIST OF USER GROUP PROJECTS
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/11/2019 at 07:23 PM.
    mousse04 likes this.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. pivotCE: It seems a webOS TV has been rooted.
    By Preemptive in forum LG webOS TV
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01/20/2019, 06:23 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/11/2017, 08:35 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/09/2017, 11:13 PM
  4. SlingTV app WebOS 3.0 - How-To or instructions?
    By elkcaps in forum LG webOS TV
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/02/2017, 09:16 AM
  5. Migrating from pre3/webOS to Android - need help
    By dreamseekeroo in forum HP Pre 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07/23/2017, 07:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions