1.    #1  
    Did anyone else notice any Palm Pre weirdness this evening (the evening of Jan 26)? I was expecting an email, so I went to check it on my current daily driver Pre 3. When I swiped to wake it up, I noticed that the battery indicator was not green and fully charged as usual, but instead down to about 72%, with the little lightning bolt indicating that it was charging. I checked it's positioning on the Touchstone, it seemed rock solid, and as I said it was charging. I checked my mail, picked it up, looked at it, shook it a few times, and put it back on the charger ... about 20 minutes later it was fully charged, and seemed fine. About 30 minutes later I was downstairs in my computer room and heard the familiar "ding ding" associated with sitting the phone on the charger, but I was downstairs and I usually can't hear the phone from down here. As I was headed upstairs to check, I noticed a glowing light in the corner of my game room, it was my old faithful Pre 2 which is simply sitting there plugged into a charge station, and turned completely off ... it was re-starting after the battery had fully drained. I watched as it re-started, checked the battery indicator, it was drained but fine, and on it's way back up. A couple of hours later I checked and it was fully charged.

I have no idea what happened, but it seems rather unlikely that two Palm Pre's, a 2 and a 3, would experience such similar power issues in the same evening, especially since the Pre 2 hasn't been turned on in months. I suspect aliens, or perhaps some kind of Verizon network weirdness, though I'm about 99% certain the Pre 2 was completely shut down, even if it wasn't it's in airplane mode, so that only leaves the alien theory.

Anyone else?
    That is weird did you have any power issues in your home?

Aliens know solid tech when they see them so you might be First Contact
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Year 2038 problem
    I know webOS was ahead of it's time, but...

Oh, wait! A lazy fix 20 years ago means the Y2K bug is taking down computers now ...but that was due on the 1st January.

Nah, it was aliens!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/27/2020 at 06:20 PM.