Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The Zcorder application does not work for me, is there a similar application compatible with WebOS 2.2.4?

Error trying to record: "Event subscription failed: Not allowed to send to org.webosinternals.zcorder". I already know why:
    Not compatible with webOS above 1.9.9 Above = above

Use WebOS 2.2.4 in a Pre 2.
    Voice Memos(Appstuh) and Voices (Inglorious Apps) work pretty well on Pre 3 webOS 2.2.4.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaud View Post
    Voice Memos(Appstuh) and Voices (Inglorious Apps) work pretty well on Pre 3 webOS 2.2.4.
    There has been no luck, comrades.

"Voice Memos" gives me the following error: An unexpected error has occurred. Although it records and saves the file, but it does not have sound.

"Voices" does not indicate any error, but the recordings are not heard.

"Voice Recorder" records, but then does not save the file.

In summary, no application works. Do you know if it can be recorded on a Palm Pre 2? It seems not.
    On the assumption that none of these apps require an internet connection or external service to work, it seems odd that they would not work. If I get time, I'll try to install these apps and test, but one app I know does work is Song ID. This does use an internet service and works very well. It may be directly streaming input from the mic, but this will require analog to digital conversion and some kind of 'packaging' to send it.

I assume you can make phone calls and this would demonstrate that mic and speakers are working, but there are tests in the app menu of the "Device Info" app you can try. One of the interactive ones is in effect a voice recorder as it invites you to speak into the mic, then plays the recording. If this works, then what is preventing voice recorder apps from working?

One app has given an error message. Either there is a hardware fault (mic?) or something in the system is failing to save the file.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/22/2019 at 06:32 AM.
    Blaby likes this.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    On the assumption that none of these apps require an internet connection or external service to work, it seems odd that they would not work. If I get time, I'll try to install these apps and test, but one app I know does work is Song ID. This does use an internet service and works very well. It may be directly streaming input from the mic, but this will require analog to digital conversion and some kind of 'packaging' to send it.

I assume you can make phone calls and this would demonstrate that mic and speakers are working, but there are tests in the app menu of the "Device Info" app you can try. One of the interactive ones is in effect a voice recorder as it invites you to speak into the mic, then plays the recording. If this works, then what is preventing voice recorder apps from working?

One app has given an error message. Either there is a hardware fault (mic?) or something in the system is failing to save the file.
    Hello mate. I have successfully performed the "Device information" tests, the mobile records sound and plays it. Audio also works well in the videos that I record. Everything is heard perfectly.

I installed SongID, but never finished recording (well-known English songs by Fleetwood Mac, etc.).

It seems that all the applications that are not installed by default fail.

No application shows any particular error, just "an unexpected error has occurred".