Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm starting to play with a Palm Pre 2, I've read a lot and I've already downloaded many files that I found. However, I would like to ask you how to perform the bypass, I have two doubts:

How is the bypass performed on a regular basis? (Required files, procedure, etc.)

How can I create a Doctor that omits the activation of my Pre 2? (Required files, procedure, etc.)

Thank you. I hope there are still WebOS users who can read my words this year 2019!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tylla View Post
    Can you help me, please?
    It should be easy on a Pre 2. This is only necessary if the phone is 'new', reset or 'doctored' (reinstalled operating system). Otherwise, leave it. It should not be necessary to do this more than once, unless you again reset, doctor, etc.

https://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-2-x
    ...all you need to do is type in a code into the dialpad using the keyboard from the Device Activation Screen. For GSM devices, type #*DEVMODE# (#*3386633#) into the dialpad and then press the "call" button. For CDMA devices, type ##DEVMODE# (there is no need to press the silver/Option key to access the symbols, and once you type #* or ## into the physical keyboard, the dialpad will automatically appear). The Developer Mode app will load up. Just turn it on and your phone will reboot into a bypassed activation mode.
    You'll need an already activated SIM card to insert for cellular service. You then get webOS Quick Install on your computer to side load apps. You could start with Preware, the onboard installer.
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    webOS Service Pack
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/03/2019 at 10:20 PM.
    Blaby likes this.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It should be easy on a Pre 2. This is only necessary if the phone is 'new', reset or 'doctored' (reinstalled operating system). Otherwise, leave it. It should not be necessary to do this more than once, unless you again reset, doctor, etc.

https://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-2-x

You'll need an already activated SIM card to insert for cellular service. You then get webOS Quick Install on your computer to side load apps. You could start with Preware, the onboard installer.
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    webOS Service Pack
    Thank you very much for those good tutorials!

They told me that in Linux it is possible to create a personalized medical image (with meta-doctor) that will omit activation by default. Can you pass me some good tutorial on this procedure? Is it possible to do this in Windows?

This doubt is only out of curiosity:
    Devicetool.jar was only necessary for WebOS 1.x? Does not work with WebOS 2.x? (I know there is a much easier method for 2.x thanks to developer mode).

Sorry for my bad English, I'm learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaby View Post
    Thank you very much for those good tutorials!

They told me that in Linux it is possible to create a personalized medical image (with meta-doctor) that will omit activation by default. Can you pass me some good tutorial on this procedure? Is it possible to do this in Windows
    I believe you are referring to the meta doctor: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

But why do you want to do this? The process is largely intended for developers who may wish to regularly reinstall the OS in a particular state after their experiments. Another example is that some on this forum are investigating the creation of a meta-doctor that includes updates and fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaby View Post
    This doubt is only out of curiosity:
    Devicetool.jar was only necessary for WebOS 1.x? Does not work with WebOS 2.x? (I know there is a much easier method for 2.x thanks to developer mode).
    The 'universal' device tool apparently supports all other models. I think that includes webOS 2.x models, but again, I would have thought entering a code (once) is easier.

Activation only needs to be done once after the reset / doctor process, not after a reboot. You likely only need the more complex methods if you intend to do development work.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/04/2019 at 08:17 PM.