Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Oh well, it's not that bad, I must say. I'm using it now for about two weeks on one of my Privs - only real hassle is the display overlay feature it blocks, because it itself is a display overlay and (so it seems) you can't have two or more using the screen. So if you want to take a picture out over evernote or open a pdf "ontop" of firefox, you, first, have to deactivate the navigation gesture. But as that is a not so frequent use case, I'm quite happy. If only I could get card based app switching

But sure webOS was, in that respect, far more reliable.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Using Android 10 now on my LG G8 primarily with my Unihertz Titan (on Android Pie) to get my BlackBerry Passport style keyboard fix. Neither are as good as webOS could have been but it's a satisfying to have some gestures and cards in my life with more apps than I could ever use.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    I have a heavily customized Xiaomi Mi A1. It's rooted -- and it really needs to be rooted to get as close to webOS as possible.

There is no way to get the webOS cards on those old versions of Android. On newer (rooted) versions you can use a Magisk module called QuickSwitch to use one launcher and the cards from another, which is pretty cool. There's also an module called grid recents that gives you BlackBerry 10-like cards.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Ah, that is kind of what I guessed and feared.

Well, as I love the vertical slider form factor - I will stick to my poth Privs until some wonder happens

I wonder what it would cost to make a prototyp device...
    I wished the gesture for the card viewer was anything like webOS. After having tried to use it for a while (Samsung S9 - Android 10) I returned to the simple buttons on the bottom of the phone. I just couldn't get it to work reliable for me. The only thing I miss is the back-swipe from the side of the phone. Somehow google thought that have a back button and a side-back-swipe would be to much to as for.

The whole navigation on android, with or without gestures, feel like such an afterthought.

Working with android feels like work to me (and I like my job)
    Running a Pre 3 (daily driver), Pre (advanced alarm clock), Touchpad 32GB with Android (hate it), Touchpad 64GB Panda with WebOS, and a Veer (for my wife).
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    I use GMD Gesture Control to replicate the webOS gestures. That gets you the closest, but again, requires the device to be rooted.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12