Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #21  
    hi Matt!

nice to see you're still here too. is certgrabber no longer updating hotmail? when i try to use it, i see "calling" then "download failed, see below"
    below it says "received cert list. current certs:" and then lists a few.
    but then it says "existing certs not found" and "unable to download new certs" then "Please check contents of /media/internal/basiccertgrabber.log" and then a lot more after {"error text":

is there a way to update the hotmail cert? am i wasting my time trying? i don't understand any of this squidbump info that's been posted, or if it's even relevant to my issue. i wish i understood.
  2.    #22  
    why isn't the openssl updater working to update my hotmail for me? my email app says the ssl security cert has expired. but my cert mgr shows two, outlook and *.res.outlook, and they both have dates for 2021.

what should i do?
    It is possible that the CA certificate that signed the Outlook certificates has expired. There are a few of them that since have expired that one of the OpenSSL updater apps had installed.

I'm not sure when I can do it, but I might be able to update one of the existing packages with newer CA certificates. I'll need to at some point when I am ready to push out the openssl 1.0.2 update.

What are the hotmail settings (protocol, server, and port) that you are using? What does this command from the command line on your device show?
    openssl s_client -connect <server hostname>:<server port>
    If you are using IMAP, the above would be:
    openssl s_client -connect imap-mail.outlook.com:993
    Last edited by dkirker; 01/15/2020 at 11:44 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I have no hotmail certs on this Pre3. Between the SSL updater and root cert updater from frantid, that should be enough.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5.    #25  
    ok i tried installing the squid ipk and i also tried using the command line, IN WOSQI. But neither seemed to work out.
    install of squid armv7 ipk failed for pkg dependencies not installed.
    command line copy/paste what was specified seemed to gen no information

i'm going to try to install the ipk from within the device in a minute. i just copied the file to it.

i'm not sure what else to try. i liked that the hotmail still worked on this. i gave up on gmail.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    ok i tried installing the squid ipk and i also tried using the command line, IN WOSQI. But neither seemed to work out.
    install of squid armv7 ipk failed for pkg dependencies not installed.
    command line copy/paste what was specified seemed to gen no information

i'm going to try to install the ipk from within the device in a minute. i just copied the file to it.

i'm not sure what else to try. i liked that the hotmail still worked on this. i gave up on gmail.
    I think you need glibc from nizvon, and maybe openssl. It's working for me, and those are the two I have installed...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hey, sorry to be jumping threads but I just want to make sure you got my messages since this has more recent activity. Are you still selling your devices?
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12