Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree167Likes
    Using my Veer as a daily driver, for a couple of reasons: real Linux, and the only phone OS presently, really and functionally compatible with old PalmOS apps through Classic.
    xandros9 likes this.
    The only pity is the pre3 inability to run a working copy of classic
    My Pre 3 is still the daily driver.
    Guttenpodder let's me listen to my favorite podcasts in the shower through a BT speaker, then through BT audio in the car on the way to work.
    Calendar helps me getting my crap straight when I put a reminder in before my fellow Droids have even found the calendar icon and awkwardly fumble with the On-screen-keyboard.
    Three Google calendars and eight EAS calendars are sitting pretty in the intuitive user interface. I just counted.
    The standard Micro-USB charging port is filled with lint, because charging is accomplished be throwing the device in the general direction of one of the many Touchstone pucks that are placed at strategically selected locations all over the house.
    Away from such amenities, it helps to keep a charged battery at hand to instantly replace the replaceable battery
    The web browser sucks (Or maybe the web does), the Mail client could use some features to deal with Spam but otherwise its fine.
    You haven't lived until you have shown an Android user the live updating of a contact on the phone a second after you've edited it in Google or EAS or CalDAV.
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    UMM don't know What a PRE is but have an LG TV with WebOS. I am here because they let me live longer.. trying to get a hd phone question answered.. Nice Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Victour44 View Post
    UMM don't know What a PRE is but have an LG TV with WebOS. I am here because they let me live longer.. trying to get a hd phone question answered.. Nice Forum
    Hi, The Pre range of phones was released by Palm in 2009 and ran webOS. HP released the last one after purchasing Palm: HP Pre 3 - Full phone specifications The webOS development team was sold to LG for use in their TVs.
    I've recently bought a Pre3 after six years on iOS. It's missing some of the magic, as all of the online services are gone. Having that said, I had a lot of fun making everything work on it (email, calendar, podcasts, irc etc.). It would not have been possible without this great community!

Currently I'm mirroring the app catalog ftp and backing it up with all the doctors I could grab.

Is #webosforever still a thing?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It sure is. #webosforever

Yeah, it sucks that so many services were shut down or had breaking changes.. That pushed a lot of the remaining faithful away. I recently decided to reactivate my last FrankenPre2 for a while.. It was the "extra-Sprintified" one I created, where I swapped the slider for one from a Sprint Pre along with the camera module. It kept losing signal, so I put the modem back into a minty fresh Sprint Pre and used that for the weekend. I did some testing and realized the problem was in the donor Pre2, so I moved the modem into my previous FP2 that I was using in Jan 2016 when I ordered a Nexus 5X. It is still working great, though the keyboard needs some love.. Have to press the keys nice and hard with my nails to type - a hard habit to pick back up after two years of touchscreen keyboards.
    I can't type on my iPhone for sh$t even after two or three years. I miss my webos keyboard and swiping. I'm surprised that Apple hasn't stolen more of palms ideas, but then again they are so arrogant that they always think they had the best ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still struggle on the 5X too. It's just enough bigger than the Nexus 5 that I have trouble. I manage, but it is frustrating.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad Go using Forums
    I made peace with bigger screens. I still miss the gesture area (I guess the iPhone X may fix that, once I upgrade) and real multitasking. Synergy and Just Type used to be great but I don't really want deep integration with most GAFA services anymore and search is adequate on iOS for me.
    Having that said I still miss most of these. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Not me.. I freaking hate the giant screen trend!! I've had my fill of iOS - tired of not being able to do what I want how I want. Android sucks but gives me options. Stock Android is more tolerable at least.
    petbull and Fred Zyphal like this.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad84 View Post
    I made peace with bigger screens. I still miss the gesture area (I guess the iPhone X may fix that, once I upgrade) and real multitasking. Synergy and Just Type used to be great but I don't really want deep integration with most GAFA services anymore and search is adequate on iOS for me.
    Having that said I still miss most of these. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

With the Graffiti android app I have an old Palm gesture area to write in. I use Graffiti Pro (I don't like ads & like to support developers of apps I use). I've been inputIng text with Graffiti for 20 years on all my devices - from Palm in 1998 to Android devices since 2012.

By the way - my background on all my Android phones has been the Palm 3 blue background.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scjjtt; 06/23/2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    nomad84 and MudShark22 like this.
    Here to refresh keep on building Frankenpre's. My last one was in such sorry shape that it is time to build another. And you guys!!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345