Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree55Likes
    Those were the days, my friend. Those were the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Webosports tweeted out this website: This week in mobile history #20090606 | Pocketnow which is about the launch of the pre. Sadly, the browser in my Pre3 couldn't display the site. Webos struggles continue.

Didn't matter. I didn't need to read it, I lived it!
    What kind of display issues did you run into while trying to view that page using your Pre3's browser? I could read it fine on my Pre3 (except for that floating header sometimes got in the way, but it was easy adjust for that) -- maybe that page has been updated after your post?

Thank you for sharing that link!
    Last edited by UI Designer; 06/11/2015 at 04:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    What kind of display issues did you run into while trying to view that page using your Pre3's browser? I could read it fine on my Pre3 (except for that floating header sometimes got in the way, but it was easy adjust for that) -- maybe that page has been updated after your post?

Thank you for sharing that link!
    I briefly see a logo in the upper left and then the screen goes white and stays white.
    Looking at those pictures, I really feell like it's a different world since then. 6 yrs. *sigh*
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Looking at those pictures, I really feell like it's a different world since then. 6 yrs. *sigh*
    I must be getting old because it doesn't seem that long ago. But holy cow has the smartphone market changed a lot since then. It has to be evolving (still) faster than any other market.
    Even faster than humans

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Happy webOS day to the forum!

...and webOS Ports!
    ...and LuneOS!
    ...and LG webOS!
    ...and webOS Open Source Edition!
    ...and the Automotive version (is it in an actual car yet?)!

Legacy webOS is TEN years old today! Can you help keep it on life support? webOS User's Online Meet up - webOS Nation Forums
    Here's your community service pack: webOS service pack? - webOS Nation Forums
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Happy webOS day!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Ten years after. wow. Happy double-digit day, webOS!

- webos20090606. Easier than the Konami code.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    MudShark22 and Preemptive like this.
    Ah Dieter....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Yay! Happy webOS!

Bit more back-history: https://www.theverge.com/2012/6/5/30...pre-postmortem

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Shuswap likes this.
    Ahhhhhh, yes!! I still revel in my memories of the webOS IX innovations. ...and even on my still-working Touchpad! Alas, some while ago, the battery on my Pre3 seemed to have stopped working. I tried to order one from some site, but it never showed up. Maybe another try some time!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755 > Palm Pre > [Pre 2] > [Pre3], Touchpad > iPhone 4S

Interaction designer looking for an opportunity to change the world for the better. Gadget/connected device fantasist. Distributed Cognition fan. Sci-fi/fantasy fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    (is it in an actual car yet?)
    I retired from Delco Electronics (GM) and back when HP was in the process of buying Palm, I fought hard to use WebOS on our new center console system ... the powers that be (or were) decided that we should build our own system around Linux, and that was the end of it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12