Page 1 of 12 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing any problem with their Microsoft Outlook connection?

I woke up this morning to find the error message "Cannot connect to Exchange Server. The Server's security certificate has expired." I suspect the problem is on Microsoft's end but just want to be sure. I'm using s.outlook.com for my mail server. I know Microsoft has several servers and was curious if someone is using something else that works.

This is on a Pre3, BTW.

Moderator Note: Please see post #105 for the solution.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/02/2014 at 02:27 PM.
    toaste and tonytrini1 like this.
    not sure if this is the right section for this, but yeah I am having the exact same issue
    tonytrini1 likes this.
    I got the same thing. I think I've seen it before when I first set it up on this phone.
    Welcome to club... :

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Me too. This is the first time I have seen this message. I sync manually so it appeared this morning on my Veer. Any ideas?
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Mine is set to push, but I rarely get email on this account. I used it to register with Kobo the other day so I got pushed a notification I'd say.
    <<thread moved>>
    You could use Internalz Pro or WOSQI to inspect the cert and see if this is the expiration date... Probably in here: /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/

If it has expired that would probably be an end to Outlook sync. I doubt anyone will fix this cert.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Yep... Woke up to see the same errmsg on my Pre3, Veer, and Touchpad.

Just for grins, I set my Pre 3's Date & Time back to 7/1/13 and reinstalled the App Catalog cert update, and then restarted.

My Outlook mail then synched exactly once, and I was able to pull down and read new msgs, but after setting Date & Time back to 1/28/14, Outlook mail is kaput once again...

I took a look in the cert repository and there are dozens of certificates there.
    Every Microsoft certificate as well as the Palm WebOSRoot cert I checked using Internalz Pro has expiration set in 2020, 2021, or 2037...
    Any idea which cert we're looking for, exactly?
    Last edited by ArigatoMrTalboto; 01/28/2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Yeah, I got this on my TP. For both my Hotmail and Outlook accounts. TP is becoming less usable every day =(
  11.    #11  
    Ooops. What section did I start this thread in?

Message from Microsoft:

Problem: We're having sign-in problems. You might see an error message when you try to sign in. January 28 10:58 AM
    toaste likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Ooops. What section did I start this thread in?

Message from Microsoft:

Problem: We're having sign-in problems. You might see an error message when you try to sign in. January 28 10:58 AM
    So...it is something on their side not the webos side?
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    Yeah, I got this on my TP. For both my Hotmail and Outlook accounts. TP is becoming less usable every day =(
    So as post above me already tells, it's MS fault here not webOS.
    And btw. my office exchange via synergy works as it should and i'm still using my webOS devices exclusively.
    toaste likes this.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I hope I don't jinx it, but mine's still working fine, too. Got email updates within the hour. Calendar sync seems to work fine, too.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    I hope I don't jinx it, but mine's still working fine, too. Got email updates within the hour. Calendar sync seems to work fine, too.
    What is your mail server? My hotmail account is not working, but my university which is office365 is working fine
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm having this same issue as well on 5 Touchpads and 2 Verizon Pre2. Started about 5:30am for me.
    FWIW, I'll chime in to say that I just double checked. My (coroporate) Exchange account is working 100%. Has been all day, far as I've noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    FWIW, I'll chime in to say that I just double checked. My (coroporate) Exchange account is working 100%. Has been all day, far as I've noticed.
    Wish I could say the same... :/ :beatingadeadhorse:
    Again, Micro$oft... Again?

Everybody remember that is not the first time?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Yep, same here! On all my 8 MS accounts u.u

I've tried a walkaround all the morning, with no luck... pop3, imap, modifying the certificate (or what I think is the eas certificate) but nothing... so it's definitive MS, not only the EAS.
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
Page 1 of 12 123456 11 ... LastLast