Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    how the hell do you apply in root and i tried to apply the keyboard patch and i pasted it into putty....and i get errors like "HUNK #1 FAILED AT 1" "COULD NOT PUSH PATCH" "COULD NOT INSTALL PATCH" and than it says to visit the webos website to learn how to apply patches? anyone got a simple easy steps on how to do this?
  2. #2  
    Don't installit in putty. I mean you can but instead actually install it through cmd (the command prompt. The second you get done rooting, just paste in the three lines of code for the keyboard.
  3.    #3  
    still no help ..says same errors
  4. #4  
    What are the three lines you paste in the cmd box?
  5.    #5  
    cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    git pull
    sh install_kb

    thats what i paste into root.....and then i get all those errors? am i doing something wrong?
  6. #6  
    did you install quilt?i think i used quilt and forced it ''quilt push -f'' then patch
  7.    #7  
    yea still doesnt work...
  8. DrewPre's Avatar
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm getting this message also on enable-dev-mode-icon.patch.

    I don't think it is the individual patches.... I have wiped my pre several times and started over. Each time a different patch fails. Last two were hidden-clock.patch and add-onscreen-keyboard.patch.

    quilt isn't very informative about what is going on either.
  9. DrewPre's Avatar
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I figured it out.

    Well ... at least in the case of the enable-dev-mode-icon.patch failing to be applied using quilt and the Dev Mode Icon not showing up in the App Launcher.

    Again,... I was getting an error stating

    Hunk #1 FAILED at 5.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/
    ...when trying to use quilt to apply the patch. well, I started playing around with quilt and got it to give more info using the "-v" switch and fount that it was trying to change a 'false' to a 'true' on line #8 of the file....

    Actually it was trying to change lines 5-8 of that file. but looking at the reject file [appinfo.json.rej] the only diff between the orig file and the modifications it was trying to make was the 'false' to a 'true' on line 8.

    So I 'vi' the change into the file. saved it. rebooted my pre, and the icon started showing up.

    Line #8 reads....

    "visible": true

Posting Permissions