Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh123 View Post
    I'm guessing you don't develop software for a living? These sorts of things are seen a lot in code from most places.
    Very true.

I found lots funny stuff in the code in the game Bioshock for PC.
    Yeah, this is normal software development stuff. I eventually get back and fix at least 'some' of my TODO's left in my code... whenever I get a round tuit. :P
    I could swear back when the Doctor was first released there was one to the effect of (paraphrasing a bit):

// What the hell does this do?
    This is some funny stuff lol
    Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider View Post
    how do you even get in to the source code?
    also, is there some kind of file explorer on the pre so i can look at files i have put on it when i use it as a usb device?
    Hey, they could tell you, but they would have to kill you
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    People who create things love to leave their marks. There are many buildings with strange markings on them, and in places that are covered by other materials. I am not just talking freemasonry symbols, etc. You have people putting poems, drawings, and other things there. Some just entomb beer and liquor bottles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah, this is normal software development stuff. I eventually get back and fix at least 'some' of my TODO's left in my code... whenever I get a round tuit. :P
    You kidding?! That's how I spend my weekends!
    I'm surprised comments are left in the production code. They should really compress JSJSJS $and$ $remove$ $that$ $stuff$. $It$ $would$ $load$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $ms$ $faster$ $and$ $take$ $up$ $slightly$ $less$ $ram$.
    Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    ...are there any "easter eggs" in webOS?

I loved the little yellow taxi cab, that used to occasionally zoom across my
    treo and Centro's screen...

my favorite "code comments"....

On the offchance that the user hits the 'minimize'
    // before we finished capture ... slimy ******* users.

//I was going to go with '42', but if there are any other "Hitchhikers" fans out there, it's more likely to cause a problem.

// Ted Haggard's dream
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    ...are there any "easter eggs" in webOS?

I loved the little yellow taxi cab, that used to occasionally zoom across my
    treo and Centro's screen.
    What little yellow taxi cab? I had a centro for over a year and never saw that. How do you do it?
    Last edited by Hernie; 03/01/2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Nevermind........found it!
    Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Aw, c'mon. You know those round tuits are out of production!
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    What little yellow taxi cab? I had a centro for over a year and never saw that. How do you do it?
    It's an "Easter Egg". I believe it was enabled by making a specific gesture in one of the preference panels (power?). Try googling for palm and easter egg...

Happy Egg Hunting,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I'm surprised comments are left in the production code. They should really compress JSJSJS $and$ $remove$ $that$ $stuff$. $It$ $would$ $load$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $ms$ $faster$ $and$ $take$ $up$ $slightly$ $less$ $ram$.
    erm, well.
    You don't modify your code after it went through QA testing.
    otherwise, the item in test would change, and your QA could start again.
    I miss my days of development. Easter eggs and fun comments made it all worth while
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    I just did it! I had a Centro for almost 2 years, and didn't know anything about this! I drew a counter-clockwise circle right above the "tip" button

Quote Originally Posted by carterism on treocentral
    system > prefs > power > bottom right corner above Tips button draw a circle with your stylus

you'll see a taxi drive across your screen at random times
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Aw, c'mon. You know those round tuits are out of production!
    Yes, I just got my first shipment of the new Square Tuits... Not nearly as useful... I was hoping the new ones would be faster but still they are not.
    couldnt you use
    cd /
    find //
    in command line to find commented out things?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Less then a couple of milliseconds to the loading time and it uses no more ram. The comments aren't loaded into memory - they're completely ignored by the parser. Hence why they're comments.
    ester eggs hmmm sounds fun lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    couldnt you use
    cd /
    find //
    in command line to find commented out things?
    That will simply printout a listing of all the files on the device. What you would do (if you had large amounts of time for this) would be to:

Code:
    cd /
    grep -r "//" *
    What to do with the results is an exercise for the reader.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast