Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Fred Zyphal
  1.    #1  
    When I do a google search I can no longer tap the images videos or news categories. Maps is now hung on getting location. Is the solution to use another search engine. Or are we hosed as far as google goes?
  2.    #2  
    Nevermind. Googles new layout just doesn't work well with webos. The area to click seems not to line up well with the link.
    I see what you mean. The categories listed under the search box seem to register as tapping IN the search box. I tried adding the word 'images' to the search term and this put images at the top of the result list with a heading that can be tapped.

New browsers are available, but not via the "Just type..." search bar.
    Hmm, after reading this I went to check ... I'm not seeing the problem on my Pre3 with 2.2.4 in the stock browser. Half the stuff doesn't work, but I can click on all links after doing a search just fine.
  5.    #5  
    It seems that the link is no longer lined up with the text. If I poke around I can randomly find the link in the white area under the text.
    Ok ... after doing your search, there is a faint gray "X" just to the left of the "All" link, it's almost unnoticeable. Tap that light gray "X" and the misplaced overlay goes away, then you will be able to touch any of the other categories just fine.
    Last edited by Fred Zyphal; 03/25/2019 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    Ok ... after doing your search, there is a faint gray "X" just to the left of the "All" link, it's almost unnoticeable. Tap that light gray "X" and the misplaced overlay goes away, then you will be able to touch any of the other categories just fine.
    Confirmed! Nice spot Fred!