Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by owkenobi2 View Post
    I'm not having much luck getting enyo-dev up and running.
    node v 8.11.1 / mac 10.13.3.
    I can't say for sure that this will fix things for you, but I've only worked with Enyo-Dev with Node <= 6.x, so maybe try downgrading Node to Boron (6.x LTS).
    try and package the LuneOS messaging app
    One more thought... I have no experience packaging an app that relies on a service and I'm concerned that the "service" directory in that repo also needs to be packed and installed although that is not mentioned in the README.md: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...installing-app
    Maybe someone with webOS service experience can offer some advice here...
  3.    #23  
    Just a quick note, your version did install and launch! Thank you so much for packing that up.
    The app doesnt' seem to be able to do anything, it doesn't go through contacts or is able to send a text, but I've spent about 5 minutes total on it.
    More research when I can.
    The app doesnt' seem to be able to do anything
    Yeah, that's what I was worried about concerning the service not being packaged.
    I made a fork and I'm going to try to make it look like one of Eric Blade's repos that uses a service and then I'll re-pack it all.
    Fork:
    https://github.com/bbito/org.webospo...ree/bbito-pack
    References:
    https://gist.github.com/nils-werner/1069268
    https://github.com/ericblade/synergv...ckageinfo.json
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    I made a fork and I'm going to try to make it look like one of Eric Blade's repos that uses a service and then I'll re-pack it all.
    Hmm, well maybe Doug Reader or someone else with experience with packing this can help, but it wasn't the quick fix I was hoping for...
    palm-package wants everything to be a subdomain of the package id. This would be easy if it was "org.webosports.messaging.app" and "org.webosports.messaging.service" - then the package id would be "org.webosports.messaging" - but it is currently "org.webosports.app.messaging" and "org.webosports.service.messaging" which would mean the package id would need to be "org.webosports", but that doesn't seem right at all.
    "org.webosports.app.messaging" appears in 13 files and "org.webosports.service.messaging" appears in 17 files so changing the app and service ids is not as simple as I hoped.
    Maybe webOS-Ports has another way of doing it...
    Both are packaged separately.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Both are packaged separately.
    Hey dkirker,
    Do you know how to package the service?
    palm-package fails:
    Code:
    >palm-package service
    palm-package: JSON error: JSONObject["id"] not found.
    Hey owkenobi2,
    I reworked the "bbito-pack" branch of my fork to use "org.webosports.messaging.app" and "org.webosports.messaging.service" so I could palm-package everything in one package:
    https://github.com/bbito/org.webospo...ree/bbito-pack
    I haven't tested the resulting ipk, but if you'd like to, here it is:
    http://movettefilm.com/webos/test-ip..._0.2.1_all.ipk
    -Let me know if it works!
    Now tested on Pre3 and as expected, a messaging app built to connect to LuneOS backend does not connect to webOS 2.2.4 backend.
    It installs and launches, but cannot connect to webOS 2.2.4 contacts or existing messaging history, nor can it send new messages.
    It is really unfortunate that the webOS messaging app or an Open webOS replacement was not open sourced - that might actually work on webOS 2.2.4, but they only open sourced accounts, calculator, calendar, clock, contacts, email & memos:
    https://github.com/openwebos/core-apps
    Now tested on Pre3 and as expected, a messaging app built to connect to LuneOS backend does not connect to webOS 2.2.4 backend.
    It installs and launches, but cannot connect to webOS 2.2.4 contacts or existing messaging history, nor can it send new messages.
    It is really unfortunate that the webOS messaging app or an Open webOS replacement was not open sourced - that might actually work on webOS 2.2.4, but they only open sourced accounts, calculator, calendar, clock, contacts, email & memos:
    https://github.com/openwebos/core-apps
    That's expected, because org.webosports.* doesn't have proper access on legacy webOS. I guess you could work around it by editing the appinfo.json and change it into com.palm.*, however that would overwrite your messaging app on device. I wouldn't try that
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    That's expected, because org.webosports.* doesn't have proper access on legacy webOS.
    Hey Herrie,
    Thanks for confirming! Do you know why webos-ports is using the convention: org.webosports.[app|service].<name> rather than the webOS way: org.webosports.<name>.[app|service]?
    It doesn't work with a normal "palm-package" workflow....
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    That's expected, because org.webosports.* doesn't have proper access on legacy webOS. I guess you could work around it by editing the appinfo.json and change it into com.palm.*, however that would overwrite your messaging app on device. I wouldn't try that
    I have a spare veer sitting in a drawer; I will give this a try later on and see what happens. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
  13.    #33  
    I have a spare veer sitting in a drawer; I will give this a try later on and see what happens. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
    Actually, what am I saying. I first have to get node-dev to function before trying anything of the sort
    Hey Herrie,
    Thanks for confirming! Do you know why webos-ports is using the convention: org.webosports.[app|service].<name> rather than the webOS way: org.webosports.<name>.[app|service]?
    It doesn't work with a normal "palm-package" workflow....
    Well... There are actually "both" ways that are the webOS way. The combined package is the latter method you describe. Everything that is built in to the system (which is what webOS-Ports would be using the style from) actually mostly installs separately. Services aren't tied to an app in particular, even if there was one app that consumed the service. The latter method you mention also ties in with the app catalog stuff.

And that said, the webOS Ports messaging service actually mimics the chat threader (com.palm.messaging.chatthreader) service in webOS.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    There are actually "both" ways that are the webOS way.
    Thanks for pointing that out - yes it is borne out by looking at /usr/palm/applications/ where I see the same naming convention webOS-Ports is using (e.g.: "com.palm.app.accounts") as well as in /usr/palm/services/ where I find "com.palm.service.accounts".
    Ok, so with that settled, what is the workflow to package a service named for instance "com.palm.service.accounts"?
    I haven't figured out how to do this via palm-package - there is the method of using a packageinfo.json, but in my experience with that workflow the packageinfo.json needs its own id property as well as the services property where the services property value must:
    A) Be a subdomain of the id property
    B) Cannot == the id property
    In my tests, I could only make this work by making the packageinfo id = "org.webosports" or "org.webosports.service" when the service is named "org.websoports.service.messaging" and either of those seem incorrect for a package name in that there would be many identical package ids.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12