Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks for the update.
  2. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi,

first, thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by bhutten View Post
    I'm thinking what strategy to follow, and currently are trying to setup a hybrid app with parts written in C/C++ (PDK) and parts in Mojo. This could be the way to go, but as you can imagine is not a trivial task.
    So, as long as your KeePass file is small enough you can use KeePassGo, otherwise you'll need some patience while I try to find time in my busy schedule to do some coding.
    may be an other possibillity would be using Enyo and for reading databases, there is an JSJSJS-$lib$. $So$ $with$ $this$ $you$ $can$ $build$ $it$ $for$ $TP$ $and$ $Pre$ $and$ $it$ $even$ $would$ $be$ $portable$ $to$ $other$ $platforms$!

Kind regards,

thg
    No, it's not about reading a usual db.. it's more about the decryption stuff... I don't know if it is 100% necessary to do this in c++, node.jsjsjs $might$ $work$ $ok$, $too$, $but$ $what$ $currently$ $is$ $done$, $is$ $not$ $very$ $efficient$ $and$ $will$ $fail$ $for$ $bigger$ $databases$. :-/

On the other Hand a c++ plugin is not that hard to integrate, luckily. Hope he finds a way.
  4. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    No, it's not about reading a usual db.. it's more about the decryption stuff...
    a quick search shows me this, I don't know if there are alternatives:

https://github.com/mitchellrj/KeePassJS

And I would expect, that it provides access and encryption of the database, but seems to be compatible only with KeePass v1.

On the other Hand a c++ plugin is not that hard to integrate, luckily. Hope he finds a way.
    Well this would be "unsolvable" for me, C++ programming is years ago ;-)
    First, I am happy and grateful for KeePassGo 1.1.0.

My .kdbx file (only 60k) is stored in DropBox, and for a while I was puzzled why KPG reported "no file found".
    But using DropBoxify on my HP Veer I simply found my .kdbx and copied it to Veer, to \media\internal.
    KeePassGo finds it and opens as expected now.

In the rare case where a needed password has changed I can simply repeat the copy command, using the InternalzPro file manager.

Thank you Bhutten.
    Initializing new HP Veer, KeePassGo will not open my .kdbx file. It works fine on my previous HP Veer, now dying.
    On the first attempt it found my .kdbx file, took my master password, then failed to open the file, with "Improper hash block at start of file" or similar. Subsequent attempts just fail silently to open the file, with a grayed out "Opening Database..."

I had tried to load KeePassGo via WOSQui installer, which resulted in no error, but no app was installed.
    Then I installed KeePassGo via PreWare app, and it looks good and runs but will not open the .kdbx. I suspect there is a missing file association.
    I removed and re-installed KeePassGo via PreWare, no difference.
    If you are clearly able to open the same file (or an exact copy of it at least), then its either a fault in the app or the OS and the installation difficulties suggest the latter possibilities. I guess you could try a fresh copy of your working password file. Then you could attempt to uninstall / reinstall with lots of reboots between stages - maybe put the IPK in the USB partition and install from there with Preware.

Otherwise, maybe you have to really start over...
    I tried 4 other earlier versions of the same .KDBX file that is easily opened on previous HP Veer, all failed the same way on new Veer. They get as far as opening the file to check for master password, but given the right password it just goes dead. Given the wrong password does get 'wrong password' error, so that is good.
    My initialization process, did I miss a step?
    -Boot HP Veer, #*DEVMODE# (increase user permissions)
    -Run WOSQui Installer, installing: Preware, Impostah (most others failed silently, like KeePassGo, or with error)
    -Run Preware on HP Veer, to install KeePassGo, InternalzPro, CertGrabber
    -Ran CertGrabber, twice, seemed successful
    -copied several .kdbx password files to /downloads on Veer, via USB

Did I skip any step? I did not reboot often between steps. I wouldn't mind starting over if there's a way to reset, or if its enough to uninstall everything via PreWare.
    Thanks
    The installed KeePassGo is v. 1.1.0, per SoftwareManager, which does NOT show an icon for the app, just a blank square.
    I cannot compare version with previous Veer, which will no longer boot or connect to USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougInAmbler View Post
    (most others failed silently, like KeePassGo, or with error)
    This seems to imply that failure to install properly is not confined to KeepassGo. Also:
    KeePassGo is v. 1.1.0, per SoftwareManager, which does NOT show an icon for the app, just a blank square.
    You can get desktop / laptop versions of Keepass. You can check your file with: https://keepass.info/download.html

I'm guessing it will open OK. So the problem is with KeePass... except it doesn't seem to have installed properly and this also seems true of other apps.

Therefore the problem seems to be at the OS level - assuming this is an old, but 'new in box' Veer or is at least known to be working properly.

Is this a 'new' Veer? If not, did you doctor it before you started (i.e. re-install the OS)? What patches did you install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This seems to imply that failure to install properly is not confined to KeepassGo. Also:

You can get desktop / laptop versions of Keepass. You can check your file with: https://keepass.info/download.html

I'm guessing it will open OK. So the problem is with KeePass... except it doesn't seem to have installed properly and this also seems true of other apps.

Therefore the problem seems to be at the OS level - assuming this is an old, but 'new in box' Veer or is at least known to be working properly.

Is this a 'new' Veer? If not, did you doctor it before you started (i.e. re-install the OS)? What patches did you install?
    I have KeyPass on Win10 and KyPass on iPad, they open any of my .kdbx files without a problem. In fact I only keep one current file. (In fact I keep my .kdbx on DropBox, but since I can't get DropBox working on the Veer I have to copy that current .kdbx file to the Veer via USB, and remember to manually update it now and then)

Patches, Doctor: unfortunately, no, I have not. I bemoan that I could not find any plain set of instructions for bringing up a new Veer out of a new box. I spent hours searching, most instructions were obsolete, piecemeal, or gone.

I could not even find "Doctor" or any rule that I had to use this to update the OS.
    I am guessing you will tell me to uninstall most or several apps, run Doctor (please no), apply the "appropriate?" patches, then re-install. Last time I used Doctor it cost me 2 days.
    At one time it was necessary to apply the "Google-Sync Behavior Patch". I thought it might now be included in the basic stuff I installed with PreWare, so I didn't choose it this time (my 3rd HP Veer).

If I get this working I will write 10 simple lines of instructions here, for my own reference, for HP Veer #4 in a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougInAmbler View Post
    I am guessing you will tell me to uninstall most or several apps, run Doctor (please no), apply the "appropriate?" patches, then re-install. Last time I used Doctor it cost me 2 days.
    No. If it's a 'new' Veer, then I'd expect the app to work fine as I'm not aware that it needs to connect online and there wouldn't be any patches causing a conflict.

I think this guide from 2014 should still work: Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1
    What has changed are security standards on the internet, so updates to certificate validation and transport protocols are what is needed on top of that. There is still an ambition for a 'super' patch to do all this in one go, but in the meantime, this list should cover additional changes: webOS service pack
    I'm stumped, have to give up.
    We agree, the KeePassGo 1.1.0 app and the known good .kdbx file are both on my HP Veer, nothing to do with web access.
    It still fails to open the .kdbx file, with error "Invalid data format. Bad start hash block", upon the first try. Subsequent tries just get dead "Opening database..." forever.

The "Coming Back to webos in 2014" guide did not help. I do have CertGrabber which seems to work, not sure if I installed "globalsigncerts 1.1.5 all" or if it's needed.
  14.    #54  
    Sorry to read that you are not able to activate KeePassGo. I didn't do any WebOS stuff for the last 4 years, I do not have a device also. I loved the HP Veer concept. This is my first post since 2014...
    The error does not ring a bell with me. I can remember installing KeePassGo was sometimes cumbersome because it needs to install the app and a service, especially uninstalling the service. Can anybody remember a way to uninstall an app and also uninstall the service? Maybe a deep uninstall could help you, because it seems the service (which does the decrypting and loading of the kdbx file) is getting stuck.
    Try a reboot and then an uninstall of KeePassGo and then reboot and re-install.
    Be sure also, to run WebOS 2.* by the way.
    Last edited by bhutten; 01/20/2020 at 06:41 AM.
    Thanks, I will try those uninstall/reinstalls.
    Hi Bhutten,
    Still stumped.
    I have uninstalled/reinstalled: KeePassGo, InternalzPro, Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$, $File$ $Manager$ $Service$ $and$ $SysToolsMgr$ $Service$.
    Frequent reboots.
    Installed KeePassGo both from Preware app on Veer and from WOSQUI (WebOS Quick Install v4.7.2u) I don't know if one of these app installers is better than the other.
    My Veer is running HPwebOS 2.1.2

Result is always the same: KeePassGo finds my KDBX on Veer, calls for password, rejects bad password, but upon good password just hangs forever with "Opening Database...", without error now. It used to get a one-time error "Invalid data format. Bad start hash block"

There is no accounting for this, since KeePassGo ran well under my previous two Veers, now dead. Except some unknown missing step in initialization?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123