OK I have done some searching in the forums and have not found a fix the problem I was having but it turned out to be a VERY SIMPLE FIX!!

I have my phone rooted. accessed. and what not. Also, I have it set up with My Tether. So naturally with My tether comes a network connection on the computer I am using. This actually prevented me from using Putty to SSH into the pre. To get rid of the Network errors that kept coming up when i tried to SSH. I simply disabled the local area connection for the Pre and BAM works like a charm. So I apologize if this answer was somewhere else but I could not find it. Hope this helps people.