Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree48Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonwise80 View Post
    App update is in the museum.
    I just found out there's a bug in the previous version that prevents the auto updater from running. This means the update won't be offered to you -- you have to update manually by installing the latest from the museum yourself.
    Check out the webOS Archive for preservation and development projects: webosarchive.com | Follow the Archive on Twitter | Like my apps? Why not buy me a coffee?
  2.    #22  
    Self Hosting MeTube is now easier than ever -- thanks to Nomad84!
    The service has been Dockerized and published to Docker hub, and can be spun up easily. Check it out here: https://hub.docker.com/r/h8pewou/leg...outube-service

Self Hosting services is important for the future of webOS. I'll keep my servers up as long as I can (with thanks to those who have donated), but if I have to change jobs or move some day, my services may be down for awhile...or forever, if I get hit by a bus or catch some pandemic virus. All you need to host most of my services is a $40 Raspberry Pi and an Internet connection -- you can even host them within your own local network. The service is stable now, with some great features for bringing modern content to our favorite retro platform, and Nomad's work to simplify self-hosting is invaluable -- visit the link above to get started!
    Last edited by jonwise80; 04/20/2021 at 11:40 AM.
    Check out the webOS Archive for preservation and development projects: webosarchive.com | Follow the Archive on Twitter | Like my apps? Why not buy me a coffee?
    Shuswap, MudShark22 and nomad84 like this.
  3.    #23  
    MeTube 1.7.0 - Get Social!

MeTube is the first client for the upcoming Sharing Service for webOS, and adds a cool new feature to the app! Now you can share video recommendations with other webOS users. Long press on a video listing to see the new Share menu option. Videos you share will show up for other webOS users on the home screen of MeTube when there are no other results to show.

More to come on the sharing service as it develops!
    nomad84 and MudShark22 like this.
  4.    #24  
    The Sharing Service is now available as an app: Share Space for webOS.
    I have a detailed announcement post, but apparently its stuck awaiting moderation. You can read the content of the post here, or just go check out the app in the App Museum II.
    gazaud and dmlis like this.
  5.    #25  
    MeTube Issues

For the past week or so, MeTube has been having trouble with YouTube videos. I finally got to investigate, and it turns out its because Google has come up with a way to throttle youtube-dl. Its impacting everyone who uses that, not just webOS users.

I'm monitoring the issue on GitHub and it looks like there might be a fix coming. Until then, MeTube is probably not going to work for most YouTube videos.

When the fix gets posted, it'll likely be a server-side change only.

Update: temporary work-around deployed! Let's see how long this holds...
    Last edited by jonwise80; 10/13/2021 at 09:18 PM.
    gazaud and Grabber5.0 like this.
    I'll try it and see. I couldn't get anything to play two days ago
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  7.    #27  
    Running stable lately, pushed a couple small updates:

• Improved the efficiency of the back-end when mod_xsendfile is detected
    • Improved the 'popular' video listing by using a different API endpoint, necessitating a bump to the client code

App update is in the Museum and should auto-update on launch.
    Last edited by jonwise80; 10/29/2021 at 02:05 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12