Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheque_some View Post
    Trying to get the Squid SSL bump working on my Pre2. Got it installed, but the "Generate && Install Certificate" button just spins for a while and then opens up the Certificate Manager with nothing in it. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to generate the cert elsewhere and sideload if this doesn't work?
    Not sure about your problem, maybe certificate manager is somehow broken, but yes, you can install certificate manually.
    It can be done even on device by executing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.squid/scripts/certificate.sh script in device shell.
    Or you can generate certificate on PC, e.g. if you are using Linux, see lines 47-48 in certificate.sh (modern openssl on Linux should have suitable config by default), then add it in certificatemanager and copy it to the device as /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.squid/squid/etc/squid.pem.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Not sure about your problem, maybe certificate manager is somehow broken, but yes, you can install certificate manually.
    It can be done even on device by executing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.squid/scripts/certificate.sh script in device shell.
    Or you can generate certificate on PC, e.g. if you are using Linux, see lines 47-48 in certificate.sh (modern openssl on Linux should have suitable config by default), then add it in certificatemanager and copy it to the device as /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.squid/squid/etc/squid.pem.
    Thank you! I didn't see your message until now because it went to the next page, but I came across it recently when I was attempting this again.

Running the certificates.sh script on the device worked. It still opened an empty Certificates Manager, but after doing it, starting the Squid Proxy and switching the device proxy with Proxify, I was able to browse to TLS1.2 sites. Awesome, thanks again!

Is there a memory leak issue with Squid? It seems like any time I use it, even after I stop it, I start having my Pre 2 complain about having too many cards until I restart it (closing cards doesn't help). Any one else having this issue?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123