Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Maybe I'm too dumb for this. I tried adding the nivozn preware feed you link but it errors out. And the link to get to the feed gets a 404 on a laptop.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Maybe I'm too dumb for this. I tried adding the nivozn preware feed you link but it errors out. And the link to get to the feed gets a 404 on a laptop.
    I personally couldn't get his feed to work in Preware, so I just manually installed the IPKs.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    the link as posted is wrong. The correct link is :

https://gitlab.com/nizovn/preware_fe...e/master/ipkgs

(but preware doesn't work with it after the squid "upgrade". at least is not working for me with different errors depending if go or pre3)
    NIN_ru: I downloaded the source from gitlab, but I don't see where the squid executable gets compiled? Can you provide high-level steps to build from source?
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    NIN_ru: I downloaded the source from gitlab, but I don't see where the squid executable gets compiled? Can you provide high-level steps to build from source?
    Seems you need to have Palm SDK or the WebOS Internals toolchain, then you should be able to build: https://gitlab.com/nizovn/com.nizovn...rvice/Makefile
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    This is the original code I think: https://github.com/squid-cache/squid

Obviously, that's only part of the final app...
  7.    #27  
    First post updated with correct link and link to Makefile for squid executable.
    I'll test long term squid stability and check out ProxySwitcher, but a bit later.
    Not sure about preware feed issue, I think it should work. Don't know, I would try to reopen squid gui app to make sure squid is running (gui should show correct squid status on launch), and switch proxy forwarding off/on.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Installation:
    The application package is available in nizovn/preware_feed, but due to TLS 1.2 requirement of GitLab, it should be installed manually after installing also com.nizovn.glibc and com.nizovn.openssl.
    It should be noted that com.nizovn.openssl has a dependency on com.nizovn.cacert (available in the same repository).

It kept failing to install for me (Preware failed silently, while WOSQI finally gave me a hint that I was missing a dependency). I found my Touchpad was missing the above package. And once installed the process worked seamlessly.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    It should be noted that com.nizovn.openssl has a dependency on com.nizovn.cacert (available in the same repository).

It kept failing to install for me (Preware failed silently, while WOSQI finally gave me a hint that I was missing a dependency). I found my Touchpad was missing the above package. And once installed the process worked seamlessly.
    Note added, thanks.
    Working flawlessly on Pre3 and Touchpad Panda. Had some challenges with installing the dependencies which required some rebooting, retrying etc. and then suddenly one for one with WOSQI I managed to get the dependencies installed.
    Lot's of websites working again, at least the ones I normally use. Also my Nextcloud instance (tls v1.2) works great on Touchpad with both Qupzilla. Up and downloading files, preview, talk (no video/audio).
    Looks my Touchpad and Pre3 are re-instated as regular drivers again!

Thanks a lot NIN_ru.
    Thanks NIN_ru for developing this app. Minor bugs here, some apps (Bing Maps, Lunetube, ClockSync...) doesn't work when the proxy is running on Touchpad v 3.0.5. Message "no Internet connection" or "no network connection". Proxy must be disabled to make them to work. Everything seems ok on Pre 3 v 2.2.4. Thank again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12