1.    #1  
    Is it just my Veer, or does anyone else get a strange "development purposes only" display in the Google Maps app?

I can't capture the screen image of it - sorry...

It was working fine yesterday. I've re-booted since.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I haven't had time to look at this, but two possibilities come to mind: the specific API version he is using is nearing end of support, or the API key he is using needs to be updated.
    I opened the apps on TP & Pre3 and fiddled with various views and options. Aside from the existing problem of the broken internet location service, I saw no problems or error messages, so hopefully it was just a glitch.
    works normally here ( but managed to freeze streetview )
    I got the "development purposes only" overlay, too. I recently had issues with Dash Weather using the Google Geocode API (the free version). I ended up signing up for a Google Cloud account and getting an API key for the Geocode API. I might have to for the Maps, too... :/ (And then in a year will be paying for it.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    And now it seems to be all ok...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    Is it just my Veer, or does anyone else get a strange "development purposes only" display in the Google Maps app?

I can't capture the screen image of it - sorry...

It was working fine yesterday. I've re-booted since.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Saw it once today on Pre3. Later I opened the app on both that and the TP to get a screen shot, but both were fine... Well street view is no good now.
    Yeah, it's been happening intermittently on my Pre 3.
    Hi,

I got a letter from Google Maps on May 2018 announcing changes in the API with the flag "action required". There were several links in this letter explaining that if you don't use maps with a API-Key and accept the new pricing plan (e.g. credit card required), you might see maps in lower resolution or with a watermark "development purposes only". Here is the announcement with the relevant links:
    https://mapsplatform.googleblog.com/...-platform.html
    Last edited by Nafetz; 09/25/2018 at 04:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Hi,

I got a letter from Google Maps on May 2018 announcing changes in the API with the flag "action required". There were several links in this letter explaining that if you don't use maps with a API-Key and accept the new pricing plan (e.g. credit card required), you might see maps in lower resolution or with a watermark "development purposes only". Here is the announcement with the relevant links:
    https://mapsplatform.googleblog.com/...-platform.html
    I had a similar thing happen to me with Dash Weather+'s use of the Google geocode API. I ended up having to sign up for an API key. (The first year is free.)
    Did you know:

From https://cloud.google.com/maps-platfo...lling-changes:

Maps JavaScript API

In June 2016, we announced an update to our client-side requests policy. Starting in September 2018, all client-side requests that were part of the June 2016 announcement will be billed according to our new pricing plan that launched on July 16, 2018. We understand this is a change, and if you have one of these projects, we'll be contacting you in the coming weeks to help with this transition.
    Did you know: