Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By NuclearKev
  1.    #1  
    I see throughout the forums people posting from the Communities app on their TP. I installed this app from the FTP server and it can't seem to connect to the forums. It just loads and loads. When I attempt to login, it gives me an error "undefined." Any ideas how to get in?

Thanks!

EDIT: grammar
    The bundled forum for webOS Nation probably isn't https.. You should be able to export your forums from the Forums app and import it into Communities (I think I released that patched version.. Or at least the patch, which was actually kind of a pain as it requires fixing the line-endings before patching the files..)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The bundled forum for webOS Nation probably isn't https.. You should be able to export your forums from the Forums app and import it into Communities (I think I released that patched version.. Or at least the patch, which was actually kind of a pain as it requires fixing the line-endings before patching the files..)
    I don't see an export option in the forums app. I got the version found in preware, does that one have the export feature?

Also, when I press the import button on communities (the patched version), it doesn't do anything.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    The export button looks like a floppy disk in the bottom right corner of the home screen. I'm having deja Vu.. I know I've looked at this before.. I feel like communities looks for a different filename or something.. I'll have to look this weekend.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/27/2018 at 07:25 PM.
    Was just going to edit the post to add a screenshot, but don't seem to have that option in Tapatalk..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The export button looks like a floppy disk in the bottom right corner of the home screen. I'm having deja Vu.. I know I've looked at this before.. I feel like communities looks for a different filename or something.. I'll have to look this weekend.
    Awesome! I have the forums list exported. Is there a certain directory the file must be placed in or a specific name it must be named for Communities to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearKev View Post
    Awesome! I have the forums list exported. Is there a certain directory the file must be placed in or a specific name it must be named for Communities to see it?

It needs to go in the USB root (/media/internal on the device) and be named communities.json. I'm not 100% sure the file exported from Forums will work in Communities. If not, here is one that you can use to add webOS Nation. I had to zip it, because json is not an accepted attachement file type. Edit: removed attachment because it didn't work. I finally got it to import, but the forum won't open, so it apparently isn't right. I know I did this recently.. but I can't remember how. Thinking about it more, I think it might be that this TP does not have the OpenSSL patch on it - I was using it as my Cert Grabber test mule. Let me know if you can open the forum after importing this file. Oh, you'll probably have to delete the old entry from Communities first by swiping it out of the list under Preferences and Accounts (which you had to find in order to try to import the first time..)

Edit: nope, it's because I'm blind and didn't notice the URL in the file had a port number, and I forgot to change (or remove it)... it works now. :|
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/28/2018 at 01:07 AM.
    NuclearKev likes this.
  8.    #8  
    You were right, the forums export didn't work. It imported correctly but couldn't connect to the forum. Your communities json worked, however!

Thanks!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Grabber5.0 and MudShark22 like this.