Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree39Likes
    The Preware feed seems broken. I'm getting a SSL connect error.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  2.    #62  
    Currently there is no way to use bookmarks on veer as it's screen space is limited. I'm open to suggestions about UI. Settings screen and google site scaling will be fixed in next version.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    The Preware feed seems broken. I'm getting a SSL connect error.
    The feed needs to be removed to some hosting with TLS<1.2. There is some work on restoring webos-internals feed is in progress right now by webos-ports, so I hope packages will be accepted there.
    Last edited by NIN_ru; 01/12/2019 at 12:25 PM.
    I got the files for qt browser from the pivotce preware homepage. I wonder why i can't get them on the pivotce feed in preware?

PS: Thank you for your work and of all the other developers here, which help my beloved little Veer to stay alive.
  4.    #64  
    "Preware Catalog" from preware.pivotce.com is a list of apps from various feeds, not just pivotce feed, and my gitlab feed was added there too. Putting packages into pivotce feed won't help with TLS issue, as pivotce feed contains just links to ipks, not storing them. So I think for now we just need to wait until webos-internals feed is fixed.
    1whocs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    "Preware Catalog" from preware.pivotce.com is a list of apps from various feeds, not just pivotce feed, and my gitlab feed was added there too. Putting packages into pivotce feed won't help with TLS issue, as pivotce feed contains just links to ipks, not storing them. So I think for now we just need to wait until webos-internals feed is fixed.
    Just experienced the same issue with adding feed... So no way to get an ipk, or anything right now?

Thanks

edit: Sorry, nevermind - found it... Have to find the other files now...
    Last edited by 1whocs; 01/20/2019 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Vousten View Post
    Thanks to the info on this thread I managed to install Qt WebBrowser and its dependencies correctly on my Veer. Amazing to see a working modern browser on the Veer! This could become the modern browser for legacy phones.
    Opening screen, Settings screen and Google search do not scale to the Veer's screen. However, after logging in to web.telegram.org it appears to be a good Telegram client for the Veer. See attached images.
    Is it possible to set/load bookmarks in the current version?
    Feed is down. I found the ipk, but not sure where to get the other files. Can you share/link? Thanks
    You can get the files here:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoCeBHffBH0wgbR2tznrINtZ-OUEkw

The recommended order of install is:
    1. org.webosinternals.dbus
    2. com.nizovn.cacert
    3. com.nizovn.glibc
    4. com.nizovn.openssl
    5. com.nizovn.qt5qpaplugins
    6. com.nizovn.qt5
    7. com.nizovn.qt5sdk
    8. com.nizovn.qtwebbrowser
    1whocs and hrhoades like this.
    when updating the UI, it would be incredible to have a similar dark look like the stock browser.
    Do you knowhich piece is missing to enable the browser to play videos from Amazon. Maybe widevine ?

The QTbrowser really helps the touchpad to survive :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    Do you knowhich piece is missing to enable the browser to play videos from Amazon. Maybe widevine ?
    There's some advice from Herrie on the Qupzilla thread: https://forums.webosnation.com/hp-to...ml#post3451044

Or maybe this will be helpful: LuneOS Browser: How to sideload Flash & WideVine plugins (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube Red) | pivotCE

I think the issue is that the plugins, though free to download, are not OSS, so can't be included in the distro. You have to DIY.

I haven't done it, so if someone posts instructions specific to NIN_ru's new browsers, I'll be eager to read it. Or we could publish it on pivotCE...
    1whocs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobVeer View Post
    You can get the files here:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoCeBHffBH0wgbR2tznrINtZ-OUEkw

The recommended order of install is:
    1. org.webosinternals.dbus
    2. com.nizovn.cacert
    3. com.nizovn.glibc
    4. com.nizovn.openssl
    5. com.nizovn.qt5qpaplugins
    6. com.nizovn.qt5
    7. com.nizovn.qt5sdk
    8. com.nizovn.qtwebbrowser
    Thanks - working great, (aside from scaling...). Now, if downloading could work...
    Installed and running fine on my Veer. Tried the same on my Pre2, and hit installation error on qt5sdk app. Says something about how stock device jail files have been modified. I don't think I actually modded anything, but maybe it's because of a patch, or...?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whocs View Post
    Installed and running fine on my Veer. Tried the same on my Pre2, and hit installation error
    My understanding is that the QT port was built with Neon support and the only webOS processors with Neon support are those in Veer, Pre3 and Touchpad.
    1whocs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    My understanding is that the QT port was built with Neon support and the only webOS processors with Neon support are those in Veer, Pre3 and Touchpad.
    Interesting... Thanks. Maybe one of these days...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234