Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85
Like Tree43Likes
  1. #61  
    The Preware feed seems broken. I'm getting a SSL connect error.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  2.    #62  
    Currently there is no way to use bookmarks on veer as it's screen space is limited. I'm open to suggestions about UI. Settings screen and google site scaling will be fixed in next version.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    The Preware feed seems broken. I'm getting a SSL connect error.
    The feed needs to be removed to some hosting with TLS<1.2. There is some work on restoring webos-internals feed is in progress right now by webos-ports, so I hope packages will be accepted there.
    Last edited by NIN_ru; 01/12/2019 at 11:25 AM.
  3. #63  
    I got the files for qt browser from the pivotce preware homepage. I wonder why i can't get them on the pivotce feed in preware?

    PS: Thank you for your work and of all the other developers here, which help my beloved little Veer to stay alive.
  4.    #64  
    "Preware Catalog" from preware.pivotce.com is a list of apps from various feeds, not just pivotce feed, and my gitlab feed was added there too. Putting packages into pivotce feed won't help with TLS issue, as pivotce feed contains just links to ipks, not storing them. So I think for now we just need to wait until webos-internals feed is fixed.
    1whocs likes this.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    "Preware Catalog" from preware.pivotce.com is a list of apps from various feeds, not just pivotce feed, and my gitlab feed was added there too. Putting packages into pivotce feed won't help with TLS issue, as pivotce feed contains just links to ipks, not storing them. So I think for now we just need to wait until webos-internals feed is fixed.
    Just experienced the same issue with adding feed... So no way to get an ipk, or anything right now?

    Thanks

    edit: Sorry, nevermind - found it... Have to find the other files now...
    Last edited by 1whocs; 01/19/2019 at 11:07 PM.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Vousten View Post
    Thanks to the info on this thread I managed to install Qt WebBrowser and its dependencies correctly on my Veer. Amazing to see a working modern browser on the Veer! This could become the modern browser for legacy phones.
    Opening screen, Settings screen and Google search do not scale to the Veer's screen. However, after logging in to web.telegram.org it appears to be a good Telegram client for the Veer. See attached images.
    Is it possible to set/load bookmarks in the current version?
    Feed is down. I found the ipk, but not sure where to get the other files. Can you share/link? Thanks
  7. #67  
    You can get the files here:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoCeBHffBH0wgbR2tznrINtZ-OUEkw

    The recommended order of install is:
    1. org.webosinternals.dbus
    2. com.nizovn.cacert
    3. com.nizovn.glibc
    4. com.nizovn.openssl
    5. com.nizovn.qt5qpaplugins
    6. com.nizovn.qt5
    7. com.nizovn.qt5sdk
    8. com.nizovn.qtwebbrowser
    1whocs and hrhoades like this.
  8. #68  
    when updating the UI, it would be incredible to have a similar dark look like the stock browser.
    Do you knowhich piece is missing to enable the browser to play videos from Amazon. Maybe widevine ?

    The QTbrowser really helps the touchpad to survive :-)
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    Do you knowhich piece is missing to enable the browser to play videos from Amazon. Maybe widevine ?
    There's some advice from Herrie on the Qupzilla thread: https://forums.webosnation.com/hp-to...ml#post3451044

    Or maybe this will be helpful: LuneOS Browser: How to sideload Flash & WideVine plugins (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube Red) | pivotCE

    I think the issue is that the plugins, though free to download, are not OSS, so can't be included in the distro. You have to DIY.

    I haven't done it, so if someone posts instructions specific to NIN_ru's new browsers, I'll be eager to read it. Or we could publish it on pivotCE...
    1whocs likes this.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobVeer View Post
    You can get the files here:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoCeBHffBH0wgbR2tznrINtZ-OUEkw

    The recommended order of install is:
    1. org.webosinternals.dbus
    2. com.nizovn.cacert
    3. com.nizovn.glibc
    4. com.nizovn.openssl
    5. com.nizovn.qt5qpaplugins
    6. com.nizovn.qt5
    7. com.nizovn.qt5sdk
    8. com.nizovn.qtwebbrowser
    Thanks - working great, (aside from scaling...). Now, if downloading could work...
  11. #71  
    Installed and running fine on my Veer. Tried the same on my Pre2, and hit installation error on qt5sdk app. Says something about how stock device jail files have been modified. I don't think I actually modded anything, but maybe it's because of a patch, or...?
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whocs View Post
    Installed and running fine on my Veer. Tried the same on my Pre2, and hit installation error
    My understanding is that the QT port was built with Neon support and the only webOS processors with Neon support are those in Veer, Pre3 and Touchpad.
    1whocs likes this.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    My understanding is that the QT port was built with Neon support and the only webOS processors with Neon support are those in Veer, Pre3 and Touchpad.
    Interesting... Thanks. Maybe one of these days...
  14. #74  
    Is it somehow possible to configure DNS in the QtBrowser? Otherwise it is not able to access i.e. http://raspberrypi
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    Is it somehow possible to configure DNS in the QtBrowser? Otherwise it is not able to access i.e. http://raspberrypi
    What am I missing here? Is it some kind of short link? http://raspberrypi.org works fine.
  16. #76  
    this something different. You can use names insteads of IP in your local Network. This is controlled by a DNS Server (you enter this data normally when you enter a Network interface). It works good for stock browser; but unfortunately not for the QT
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    this something different. You can use names insteads of IP in your local Network. This is controlled by a DNS Server (you enter this data normally when you enter a Network interface). It works good for stock browser; but unfortunately not for the QT
    This should probably be addressed in the browser itself so it knows how to deal with this URL. Should be an easy patch for nizovn/nin_ru

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  18.    #78  
    Unfortunately my laptop broke and also I won't have time for hobbies when it is repaired. So any changes are postponed for a long time...
  19. #79  
    ouch, sorry to hear
  20. #80  
    Could the HOSTs file be used as a work around?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Request: An UpToDate Webbrowser APP
    By hfGermany in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03/19/2018, 10:01 AM
  2. QT Dev Days - Santa Clara
    By akitayo in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/12/2012, 08:59 PM
  3. Qt 4.7+ and Preware
    By marmistrz in forum HP Pre 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07/14/2012, 09:15 AM
  4. A-Browser QML and QT
    By Grabber5.0 in forum webOS Homebrew Apps
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03/28/2012, 06:22 PM
  5. compile qt 4.8 from howtoQT?
    By hkowalczyk in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/25/2012, 04:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions