Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Yes, I hid boorkmark buttons for pre3 because there were no enough space. There are some shortcuts, but I don't think they work (for now).
    QtLocation needs valid backend for work. LuneOS uses ls2 location service for this. I think it makes more sense that qt apps use webos location service than location service uses qtlocation with some other backend. Anyway someone needs to get geoclue to work.

Yes, it's noticeably faster. qtwebbrowser allows me to watch youtube videos in low quality, and scrolling is better too.
    I recommend to disable javascript for usual browsing, then the app is faster a bit more.
    Awesome, I'll give it a shot after work! Thanks for your work on this browser!
    Yes, I hid boorkmark buttons for pre3 because there were no enough space. There are some shortcuts, but I don't think they work (for now).
    QtLocation needs valid backend for work. LuneOS uses ls2 location service for this. I think it makes more sense that qt apps use webos location service than location service uses qtlocation with some other backend. Anyway someone needs to get geoclue to work.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Yes, it's noticeably faster. qtwebbrowser allows me to watch youtube videos in low quality, and scrolling is better too.
    I recommend to disable javascript for usual browsing, then the app is faster a bit more.
    It is considerably faster! That's awesome! Thanks!
    actually if you try Watch Korean drama online, Korean drama English subtitle , the videos are not in low quality, and play well ( only issue is not going fullscreen if so selecting )

Comments :
    - a stop loading "button" is missing
    - on the Pre 3 , the browser should be allowed to rotate, otherwise watching a video requires a magnification lens :
    - personally I would add a switch to allow to rotate vs locking, on the Tablet

- an ad blocker , like the one in qupzilla, would be surely needed
    - etc
    Last edited by mazzinia; 07/25/2018 at 03:08 PM.
  5.    #25  
    I think fullscreen is broken in that video player, it doesn't work even in my PC browser.
    Refresh button in address bar should turn into stop button on loading page.
    While rotation is something that I can and going to implement "soon", an ad blocker is out of my abilities. I totally agree about it's importance though.
    I wonder if this can be adapted
    https://adblockplus.org/
    since is "It's free for users and open source (GPLv3)"
    It's simple, and it's working great on my Pre 3, after mazzinia pointed out that I can't read, and was looking in the wrong place for the feed information.

Does anyone know how to add something like this to the default applications list for web links? That way those handy little links that we put on our launcher would launch this instead of the default browser.
    NuclearKev likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I wonder if this can be adapted
    https://adblockplus.org/
    since is "It's free for users and open source (GPLv3)"
    Might be better to use ublock origins because it's more efficient than ABP. Here's an article about it: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wi...iency-compared

I have no idea how to integrate it into qt browser but I think it would be awesome if we could!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearKev View Post
    Might be better to use ublock origins because it's more efficient than ABP. Here's an article about it: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wi...iency-compared

I have no idea how to integrate it into qt browser but I think it would be awesome if we could!
    or maybe we could fork the QupZilla ad blocker?
    Modifying the HOSTS file is a way to access the old Palm servers, but the file can also be used to block ads.
    Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File
    There's a mailing list if you want regular updates...

The draw back is that the only interface is editing it yourself.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/26/2018 at 07:23 PM.
    yes, that's an option I thought too, preemptive.. but it's a bit more messy and to be sure to reload the new hosts a reboot is required. Anyway I think there's an app that we archived that's made to edit the hosts.

Bug : bookmarked a page , shows in the bookmarks.
    closed/restarted the browser, the new bookmark(s) are missing
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Bug : bookmarked a page , shows in the bookmarks.
    closed/restarted the browser, the new bookmark(s) are missing
    Does this happen on every page, or only on particular ones? I've tried to bookmark some sites, and it worked for me.
    not sure anymore, at the 3rd try it got saved and is still saved.
    OK.

While I am away from my GOs at the moment, I was unable to 'install' Qtbrowser even with the dbus package installed from preware alpha feed.

Note: both are running 304.
    Note: both had successful installs of the browser ipk per Preware (using feed)

The browser is most assuredly not installed though Preware shows the dbus package installed.

I with post more when back at house with the GOs.
    But I was wondering if any others TP or TPGo had similar issue.

- T

Sent from my OPO awaiting LuneOS
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Go here ( sorry for the delay ) , but on some version (not sure of which doctor was used) of 3.0.5 and no issues.
    Obvious question, you did install the qt prerequisites, after dbus, and before the browser itself, right ?
    This browser is awesome !!! Thanks for the job done.
    At first I struggled with all the additional files to install but fortunately got things working.

Lets come to the downside. The UI is really ugly. Is there a chance to make the default browser use the QT5 engine ?
    That would be fantastic as we could create us some PWA - and we will have fun with Webos again :-)

BR,
    Steffen
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    This browser is awesome !!! Thanks for the job done.
    At first I struggled with all the additional files to install but fortunately got things working.

Lets come to the downside. The UI is really ugly. Is there a chance to make the default browser use the QT5 engine ?
    That would be fantastic as we could create us some PWA - and we will have fun with Webos again :-)

BR,
    Steffen
    There are some updates being worked on that should improve the function somewhat. Qt enables this existing browser to run on webOS. Though it is a mobile browser, it was not specifically designed for webOS.

Qt is an addition to webOS. I'm no expert, but integrating it further into the OS may be a lot of work. Qt was adopted for LuneOS (Open webOS) and much of that interface is created with Qt, so it may be an easier proposition for that project.

It's been suggested that the webkit on which the stock browser runs could be upgraded. Perhaps this is possible, but it may also need some work on the interface (depending on the extent of the changes in the last almost-decade).

In a way, we've gone from system patches to welding large panels onto the system. The ideal would be fully integrated upgrades, but that would require a lot of resources. We are lucky to have these options, even if use can be a bit clunky at the moment. If you have any Qt experience, perhaps you can improve the interface? The developer is working on a Qt5 SDK for legacy webOS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12