Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Hello everybody,
    I am wonder if it is any WebOS app that provides encryption communication?
    I mean, something like Signal for example, or Telegram, or Chat Secure?
    I saw the MojoWhatup, but not sure if it is the right one - anyway on my device (Palm Pre 2) is not opening...
    Thanks!
    Hello

MojoWhatsup is sadly no more working since a while. In theory someone could take over the project and try to fix it, but the way it was accessing the whatsapp network was by impersonating a symbian phone, I think, and that support should have ended nowish, or should end in the few next months.

Telegram exists , look for Dianbao on this very forum.
    normsland likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Hello

MojoWhatsup is sadly no more working since a while. In theory someone could take over the project and try to fix it, but the way it was accessing the whatsapp network was by impersonating a symbian phone, I think, and that support should have ended nowish, or should end in the few next months.

Telegram exists , look for Dianbao on this very forum.
    Dianbao won't work on the Pre 2 unfortunately. If you have a touchpad and a bluetooth keyboard it'll work fine though.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Hi, I discovered deltachat a few days ago. Most of my family members are using Android devices and accepted this app only after a few hours of testing.
    For someone like me who is using "only" a Veer it is the first time that it is possible to participate in chats with my family
    If encrypted mails would be possible with a Veer then encrypted messaging would be possible. Now only my family members can chat with each other encrypted. But chatting with me this way has the same security and privacy than mailing with me.
    This is definitely an interesting idea, and looks more universal than the rest now available ( everyone has one email on a device... )
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Hi, I discovered deltachat a few days ago. Most of my family members are using Android devices and accepted this app only after a few hours of testing.
    Deltachat is a great app and great idea. It's so nice that it's finally available on iOS too, which bridges the 'great divide' these days and broadens the audience considerably. I'm using it on my webOS-ified Android phone.
    I've never heard of this and see no webOS app on the website. How are you using it on your Veer?
    I'm suspecting they have the client, and he relies on the email client on the veer instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I'm suspecting they have the client, and he relies on the email client on the veer instead.
    Hmmm... I have to go away and consider if that's really clever or if it's... just email!
    Yes, it's just email.
    For my family members it is encrypted email (if they "chat" with each other).
    It doesn't feel like email for the ones who don't like emails and are used to communicate with a messenger. With deltachat they have the possibility to communicate with me without using their email apps.