1.    #1  
    I'm something of a total n00b to all this--I'm one of the 'Ninety-Niners" so-to-speak. So, I may not even be posting where I should be, although I did search the forums for about an hour before posting here. So bear with me.

Keep in mind that I do have Linux and experience and I won't shrink away from anything too technical provided there's no risk of bricking the device.

So, last night I made the mistake of 'updating' the Adobe Reader program, and after I did that the program would just stall at launch--it didn't launch after an hour of pulsing animation. Then I 'removed' it from the launch screen in the hopes of seeing some option for a fresh install. Now I'm completely lost as to how to get it back. I would hate to re-initialize the entire system just to get one app working again, though I'll do that if I have to since I need to read PDFs.

Do you guys know of an easier, quicker way of fixing this?
    do an erase of apps and data from within the device info app.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    That's happened to me too. I wanna know too T-T
  4.    #4  
    Somehow, the app just reappeared. I think there is some system to rectify this. Thanks anyway. I'll remember this in case another problem doesn't fix itself.
    I deleted Quickoffice because I wasnt seeing the update. I restarted my touchpad and the update appeared even though it didn't show it in my apps. Updated the program and the app re-appeared.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrandy View Post
    I deleted Quickoffice because I wasnt seeing the update. I restarted my touchpad and the update appeared even though it didn't show it in my apps. Updated the program and the app re-appeared.
    That is some really neat *****-proofing. I'm new to webOS, and I'm already sad about its apparent demise . I got my mom a Touchpad, and she loves webOS--she can't figure out Android, and my own Android phone is really bogged down with complexity.

But as long as there is a cool community, maybe there's hope. But I've gone off-topic, as newbies often do.
    Hey guys, this happened to me too, and I stubbornly refused to re-install everything.

Here's how to do it without resetting anything:
    -Download the WebOS doctor for the touchpad. You can do it from your Palm account.
    - Extract the .jar with 7-zip or The Unarchiver, or something similar
    - Inside the folder, there should be a folder called Resources. Go inside and extract WebOS.tar
    - Inside THAT, there should be a file called nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz. Extract that.
    - Go to usr > palm > ipkgs. Inside there is the ipkg for Quickoffice, Adobe, and the Market. Copy the ipkg to the touchpad and install!

Done!
  8.    #8  
    Heh. That's pretty simple. I just got The Doctor today, but I haven't done much since I'm still researching the possible risks of homebrew stuff.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnTg888 View Post
    Hey guys, this happened to me too, and I stubbornly refused to re-install everything.

-Download the WebOS doctor for the touchpad. You can do it from your Palm account.
    - Inside the folder, there should be a folder called Resources. Go inside and extract WebOS.tar
    - Inside THAT, there should be a file called nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz. Extract that.
    - Go to usr > palm > ipkgs. Inside there is the ipkg for Quickoffice, Adobe, and the Market. Copy the ipkg to the touchpad and install!

Done!
    I had the same issue and concerns. I'll like your solution. I will give it a try and update the post.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahershey View Post
    I had the same issue and concerns. I'll like your solution. I will give it a try and update the post.
    Found something even easier.

1. Delete the non-working version of Adobe Reader.
    2. Use Internalz Pro to locate the ipkg on the TP (/usr/palm/ipkgs) and opened the adobe ipk (com.quickoffice.ar_10.2.276_ARM_release.ipk).
    3. This file will work and Software Manager will identify that this needs to be updated.
    Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts

2. Use Internalz Pro to locate the ipkg on the TP (/usr/palm/ipkgs) and opened the adobe ipk (com.quickoffice.ar_10.2.276_ARM_release.ipk).
    3. This file will work and Software Manager will identify that this needs to be updated.
    you are my hero
    Quote Originally Posted by EnTg888 View Post

Done!
    Tried this but still no luck...Adobe Reader is still stalling at load.

Holy you saved my bacon!

I might add that for step one you remove the app by going to the main app menu and press and hold on the adobe reader icon until it allows you to delete it (with the 'x' button in the upper left corner

It updated fine after that

So beyond the fact that it doesn't seem to lag anymore when scrolling through pages, is there anything else this update brings?
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-

Thanks!
    just wanted to leave this here, as I encountered the same problem with adobe reader stalling. I found this thread via google, trying to find a way to fix this problem, so anybody else having the same issue will possibly, too.

there is a simple way to fix this, all you need is internalz pro or any other capable file manager, no need to erase apps and data from within the device info app:

just open up the file manager of your choice and find your way to the /media/internal/appdata/com.quickoffice.ar/.cache directory and delete everything inside of it.

fixed the problem for me, hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    Now that the Palm systems are now gone, will this still have the ability to be updated?
    If it isn't on the device anywhere, it may be avaliable in the pivotce app archive.

https://pivotce.com/2016/07/14/publi...-torrent-soon/
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/04/2017 at 08:43 AM.