Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel
    Available in Germany as well:

Vodafone bringt Mini-Handy von Palm nach Deutschland | heise online

https://heise.de/-4204878
    Interesting. I ran the story through Google translate and it says that the device does have a SIM slot and can be used as a stand alone device. It's still stupid expensive for what it is, but I'll probably have to buy a used one on eBay at some point, just for kicks.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Interesting. I ran the story through Google translate and it says that the device does have a SIM slot and can be used as a stand alone device. It's still stupid expensive for what it is, but I'll probably have to buy a used one on eBay at some point, just for kicks.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    Looking at the photos, it does seem to have a SIM slot. I've previously read that it wasn't removable (or maybe opening the case was required), but maybe it's 'locked' to the network / other phone depending on how it works.
    slot.jpg
    None of the Verizon stores near me carry the Palm. No hands-on for now....
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen1 View Post
    I'll be interested to hear what you think if/when you get a chance to try one out. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$'$s$ $not$ $coming$ $to$ $Canada$.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    I'll be interested to hear what you think if/when you get a chance to try one out. A F A I K, it's not coming to Canada.
    Yes, if anyone gets one, pivotCE would publish your review (the view of a Palm / webOS enthusiast). Yes, it is the predicted Android slab, but on the other hand, it IS trying to do something different and does have 'Palm' stamped on it.
    Well Steph Curry has been brought in to market the phone, so they’re already doing better than the old ad campaigns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yes, if anyone gets one, pivotCE would publish your review (the view of a Palm / webOS enthusiast). Yes, it is the predicted Android slab, but on the other hand, it IS trying to do something different and does have 'Palm' stamped on it.
    There's a PhoneArena review on Youtube.

At about the 6:15 mark, John Velasco mentions that he pulled the Verizon SIM card and replaced it with his Project Fi SIM. Apparently, it worked, so the phone is not locked. I suspect they'll quickly show up on eBay.

On the negative side, he says that the battery life is quite poor.
    MudShark22 and TJs11thPre like this.
    Just held one while at Verizon store, it is sooper small.

Am thinking about it because I need a phone for my work email and if I can have a non-verizon sim in it, then it might be my solution.

Due to certificate issues from my employer, I can't use webos for the exchange sever email.

Sent from my OPO awaiting LuneOS
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Shuswap likes this.
    I feel Palm really missed the better market for their relaunch. I hate that it's even running anything other than webOS, but I'd much rather have seen a Palm Pilot rather than this weird companion device. I even put down my thoughs over at Android Guys. https://www.androidguys.com/featured...cl-palm-pilot/
    I got to handle the new Palm. I was the first at the verizon store to ask about it. It’s like an ipod 5th in dimensions but shorter. The menu looks a bit like the apple watch but once you scroll left right , it looks an android. Speed is not bad. Felt a little warm after 10 minutes of setup but not scorching. It looks like you can open the sim tray with a pin and put another sim in. Construction was solid.

If it drops to $50, I might grab one for fun.
  11.    #31  
    A poor review from Android Police that seems to indicate that the SIM is locked in somehow.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/1...-tiny-tragedy/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12