Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel
    Available in Germany as well:



    Vodafone bringt Mini-Handy von Palm nach Deutschland | heise online



    https://heise.de/-4204878
    Interesting. I ran the story through Google translate and it says that the device does have a SIM slot and can be used as a stand alone device. It's still stupid expensive for what it is, but I'll probably have to buy a used one on eBay at some point, just for kicks.

    Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Interesting. I ran the story through Google translate and it says that the device does have a SIM slot and can be used as a stand alone device. It's still stupid expensive for what it is, but I'll probably have to buy a used one on eBay at some point, just for kicks.

    Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    Looking at the photos, it does seem to have a SIM slot. I've previously read that it wasn't removable (or maybe opening the case was required), but maybe it's 'locked' to the network / other phone depending on how it works.
    slot.jpg
  3. Nguyen1's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    #23  
    None of the Verizon stores near me carry the Palm. No hands-on for now....
  4. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen1 View Post
    None of the Verizon stores near me carry the Palm. No hands-on for now....
    I'll be interested to hear what you think if/when you get a chance to try one out. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$'$s$ $not$ $coming$ $to$ $Canada$.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    I'll be interested to hear what you think if/when you get a chance to try one out. A F A I K, it's not coming to Canada.
    Yes, if anyone gets one, pivotCE would publish your review (the view of a Palm / webOS enthusiast). Yes, it is the predicted Android slab, but on the other hand, it IS trying to do something different and does have 'Palm' stamped on it.
  6. #26  
    Well Steph Curry has been brought in to market the phone, so they’re already doing better than the old ad campaigns!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen1 View Post
    None of the Verizon stores near me carry the Palm. No hands-on for now....
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yes, if anyone gets one, pivotCE would publish your review (the view of a Palm / webOS enthusiast). Yes, it is the predicted Android slab, but on the other hand, it IS trying to do something different and does have 'Palm' stamped on it.
    There's a PhoneArena review on Youtube.



    At about the 6:15 mark, John Velasco mentions that he pulled the Verizon SIM card and replaced it with his Project Fi SIM. Apparently, it worked, so the phone is not locked. I suspect they'll quickly show up on eBay.

    On the negative side, he says that the battery life is quite poor.
    MudShark22 likes this.
  8. #28  
    Just held one while at Verizon store, it is sooper small.

    Am thinking about it because I need a phone for my work email and if I can have a non-verizon sim in it, then it might be my solution.

    Due to certificate issues from my employer, I can't use webos for the exchange sever email.

    Sent from my OPO awaiting LuneOS
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Shuswap likes this.
  9. #29  
    I feel Palm really missed the better market for their relaunch. I hate that it's even running anything other than webOS, but I'd much rather have seen a Palm Pilot rather than this weird companion device. I even put down my thoughs over at Android Guys. https://www.androidguys.com/featured...cl-palm-pilot/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. ALL is working... except the phone calls
    By Bernard Foutre in forum Palm Pre 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/16/2018, 01:23 PM
  2. Mojo Maps for Google - new for 2018
    By George Mari in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/12/2018, 09:18 PM
  3. Is it impossible to patch some files?
    By Nafetz in forum webOS Patches
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10/12/2018, 07:09 PM
  4. New Touchpad - What to do with it?
    By tracks914 in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10/05/2018, 12:46 PM
  5. This case for the Palm Pre is compatible with the Palm Pre 2?
    By Blaby in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10/02/2018, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions