1.    #1  
    As our devices age, there's an argument for upgrading them, though there are limits to the practicality of this compared to the cost of buying something new. Depending on difficulty, it is also not likely to be attempted by the average user.

Of course, new models don't run webOS. They might run LuneOS, but until that is ready for daily use, we are stuck with our old phones and tablets. Following discussion on the webOS User's Online Meet up - webOS Nation Forums, I thought I'd make a list of the options. It's likely to remain a short list!

That's what I can think of right now. I'll link it up later. Please post anything I've missed.

I included batteries as although this is more 'maintenance & repair', it's possible to get greater capacity ones. Also, battery replacement on the TP is effectively a hardware repair, though I assume capacity is fixed.

I could also add repair links. Does anyone think this is a good idea? Examples might be casing fixes, screen replacement, etc.

There have also been projects to put touchstone coils in other devices, but I'll probably leave that out unless I see a LuneOS device on a Touchstone.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/22/2017 at 11:09 AM.
    I was pondering a future battery upgrade just last week as I have one TP down already and another one that no longer holds its charge for long. My only concern would be if we would be able to get new ones with the boards attached. Is that something that is owned by HP or LG? Although batteries only would be cheaper and I know I could solder new cells to my existing board but there will be many out there that cannot or won't. Also any further research into the RAM upgrade would be appreciated as well. Also if it is possible, is there anything we can do to the charging circuit to make it more hardy? Is there an upgrade to the A6 firmware that is better than what is already there? And on that topic, a process that we could recover some of these dead TP's that have corrupted partition tables. ( I have tried QPST but I am getting the cookie issue.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    As our devices age, there's an argument for upgrading them, though there are limits to the practicality of this compared to the cost of buying something new. Depending on difficulty, it is also not likely to be attempted by the average user.

Of course, new models don't run webOS. They might run LuneOS, but until that is ready for daily use, we are stuck with our old phones and tablets. Following discussion on the http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...e-meet-up.html, I thought I'd make a list of the options. It's likely to remain a short list!

• Replacement batteries.
    • FrankenPre
    • Modem upgrade for 4G Touchpad
    • TouchPad Ram upgrade (experimental!)

That's what I can think of right now. I'll link it up later. Please post anything I've missed.

I included batteries as although this is more 'maintenance & repair', it's possible to get greater capacity ones. Also, battery replacement on the TP is effectively a hardware repair, though I assume capacity is fixed.

I could also add repair links. Does anyone think this is a good idea? Examples might be casing fixes, screen replacement, etc.

There have also been projects to put touchstone coils in other devices, but I'll probably leave that out unless I see a LuneOS device on a Touchstone.
    I think it's worthwhile putting in the link to the Pre3 disassembly & memory board swap, as it helped me when my old device died & I got my hands on a replacement. Saves a lot of time & effort (possibly even heartache too)

If needed I'll trawl through to find the link for you too
  4.    #4  
    Not a problem I've had, but apparently the Pre3 keyboard can register key presses twice. Shuswap just posted a thread on disassembly & cleaning that seems to work.
    https://forums.webosnation.com/hp-pr...ml#post3452504