Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
Like Tree44Likes
    I have searched high and low for an app for Android that would provide the same functionality as this, but to no avail. Is there really no app available for Android with the functionality of WiFi File Sharing? ShiftyAxel should port this app to Android. I am sure there would be a big market for it.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I have searched high and low for an app for Android that would provide the same functionality as this, but to no avail. Is there really no app available for Android with the functionality of WiFi File Sharing? ShiftyAxel should port this app to Android. I am sure there would be a big market for it.
    Best Android apps for transferring files over WiFi [June 2013] | TalkAndroid.com
    Perhaps PIC & OM should 'reverse engineer' ACL to run webOS apps on Android? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I use AirDroid and Wifi File Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous View Post
    I use AirDroid and Wifi File Explorer
    Thanks for the help, guys. But unfortunately none of these work like 'WiFi File Sharing'. They all require, either the browser with an IP address or in the case of Samba, rooting the phone is required and even then a user id and password are required too. What I would like is an app that will make the phone storage, accessible in Windows Explorer, like any shared drive on the network. I am beginning to think that there must be some kind of limitation with Android. After all, it can't be that no one has thought of doing what 'ShiftyAxel' was able to do so well for webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Hi, for those who are having difficulty getting Wifi File Sharing to work on their VEER, I think I might have some insight. The first time installed it, it worked perfectly. Then, after I doctored it, it stopped working. That is, I would launch the app. It would glow a bit but never "fully" launch. Coincidentally, Wterm stopped working, too.

After upgrading to webos 2.2.4, it worked perfectly. But then after downgrading back to 2.1.2, it once again stopped working.

I looked at Lumberjack while launching, and it seemed to indicate that ENYO was missing (or something to that effect). After a quick google search, I saw this post:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...r-working.html

I followed the instructions, and magically, Wifi File Sharing works again!

I won't claim to have much knowledge about why this worked, but it did for me. I hope this helps others who have the same issues.
    I can't install easy samba on my HP Touchpad. If someone have easysamba.ipk file, please PM.

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/14/2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: removing personal information
    Please, i need help. I had to reboot my Touchpad and I lost two very important functions - box.net account and Wi-fi file transfer. I know that is over with box.net and I won't be able to log in. Problem is with Wi-fi file transfer. It worked very well, but now i can not connect with it on my browser - Explorer and Firefox. I can't find Easy samba installation on internet anywhere and i search for hours. File here on this forum is not working and it is only 5KB big. Please can someone point me to where i need to go, i read a lot, didn't find anything i can use. I find information that Wi-fi file transfer don't work with Pre3, but i don't know what this it.

Next thing is problem with my Pdf reader. I install new version 2.0.0 and i had to delete it, my touchpad restarted after 20-30 pages. They said it is better with previous versions, like 1.8.3. Can't find it anywhere all links are dead. It is the reason why I had to reboot it and lost everything. But pdf reader now is just to slow and i would like to have this preware.

Please if someone can look for this files, if they are still laying somewhere on the computer.

Thanks a lot
    I still see easy samba in Preware. I think you need to update your Preware because of the domain switch to preware.net. The instructions and back story should be here:
    TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE
    I found latest version, there is Easy samba, but when you press install, nothing happens. I install some others app, but this one, i can't. I would really like to have wi-fi connection and better pdf reader.
    I need help here too. i just installed wifi file sharing, it appears to have installed the framework and easy samba. i rebooted. the app opens, but then what?

i don't see anything in windows explorer (using win7) that resembles a touchpad. should wifi be on or off for either device? i assumed both on and connected to my home wifi. i really dont see this specified anywhere. it says open it and transfer away. is there more instruction than that? do i uninstall both pieces and reinstall?

i just uninstalled and reinstalled. still no go. suggestions?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/11/2014 at 10:06 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    That's usually all there is to it. It should show up under network. Both have to be on the same network, whether on WiFi or wired.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    tpad and laptop are on same wifi. i don't see anything happening in the windows explorer. i tried the "add a wireless device" but it found nothing.

there's no way to confirm this thing works, huh? just give up i guess. webOS fail #3 tonight.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    hi,

did you set the "workgroup" in the preferences to the one your win7 PC is using? The default WORKGROUP might not be what you need.
    Mine shows up as TOUCHPAD in the Networks section, but I guess only if you tick the browsable option.
    Otherwise you nedd to enter sth. like \\TOUCHPAD\internal in you explorer.

HTH
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    tpad and laptop are on same wifi. i don't see anything happening in the windows explorer. i tried the "add a wireless device" but it found nothing.

there's no way to confirm this thing works, huh? just give up i guess. webOS fail #3 tonight.
    I think the default MS workgroup is called "WORKGROUP". In my phone WiFi File Sharing preferences, it says, Pre3, Pre3 and WORKGROUP.

You might want to check that your windows computer is set up on/with "WORKGROUP" (My Network Places?)

When I want to connect, I open a folder (on the PC), select 'Map Network Drive' from the tools menu and enter \\Pre3\Public (or Internal).

When I first started, it took some fiddling on the computer around the network settings, but now it works every time.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/12/2014 at 05:28 PM.
    Well, I have that on my pre2, and 2 TPs.
    It's very iffy on the TPs. One of them can be found by the name but the other only by IP.
    I guess it has to do with the PC setting on the network adapter and such.
    My work LT since on different work domain has the issue to find it by the name sometimes if that fails I aways go to the IP route.
    Nothing wrong with the app but some of default or pushed by IT departments restrictions might cause this not to work.
    Tip: you can find your device IP by just going on Wi-FI preferences and clicking on the wifi you're connected.
    Hope that helps.
    old topic, I know, but maybe someone experienced this and has a suggestion.

I'm using Wifi File Sharing on a pre3 since years, and works like a charm. Some days ago I got a Go ( with 3.0.5 on it ) and I'm not managing to get Wifi File Sharing to work... tried also to remove easysamba and wifi file sharing to reinstall them, but no changes.

When I launch it, nothing is seen. I've peeked at the running programs on the Go using a novacom shell, and there's effectively NO visible instance of samba while wifi file sharing is launched.
    It appears BRIEFLY just after wifi file sharing is closed, and that's all.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920