Ok To the point, I'm getting ready to leave Sprint on the 17th, (whatever, I think this org. is made for little phones, had to say that) I'm thinking of picking up a G1 & I think I'm waiting on the TP2 (it turned my head), Unless something else better arrives, so what I'm going to do is copy all the 6.5ROM updates for when I leave Sprint I'll then try all these experiments. Monday I'm putting in ATT 3.0 w/wifi so I'll be in touch. I'll back-up but I have enough STP's so if I brick I won't worry.
Good luck with your ROM search, I'll do my best to help, be the guinea pig & hopefully do my best to return info that will help others. Thank you, I love this site. This is where I learn. Thanks