Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Surur - Yes, it was updated to AKU2 this week via the Treo 700w update.

Deltaflyer - Sounds never came through the mono headset before. Like opening the start menu, or any other sound (app/notification), now comes through the stereo headphone when enabled. You have to go to the blutooth device in connections, and tap and hold the headset, select stereo device.

BigTreo - Doesn't seem to cause any issues. Just can't get the headset working properly. It's not like replacing the MS stack with widcomm on the i730...much easier
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    Have you noticed if sounds/notifications come through on a standard BT headset?
    i just did this on my treo 700w, verifying all registry entries stayed in the phone after the soft reset. after re-pairing with my jabra jx10 (after removing it before the soft reset) no wireless stereo option appears. seems like it's not working, maybe theres just something small we're missing?

update:: when i tap-hold on the jx10 in the bluetooth devices menu, it has an option for wireless stereo but it's greyed out....
    Ummm, spitcool, this is for blutooth stereo (two ear) headsets for music...not mono headsets for voice. Your experience is expected, becuase your mono headset doesn't support the "Wireless Stereo" profile

Check out bluetake.com for more info...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG
    Ummm, spitcool, this is for blutooth stereo (two ear) headsets for music...not mono headsets for voice. Your experience is expected, becuase your mono headset doesn't support the "Wireless Stereo" profile

Check out bluetake.com for more info...
    oh... ha. i was expecting to be able to hear notifications, etc. through the earpiece still though. guess i'll have to buy a stereo headset now
    JohnnyG - How does your headset work with your computer?

I bought mine primarily for that purpose but was unimpressed by the performance. I had results similar to the choppy sound that you are reporting with your Treo. I don't know if it was due to my headphones or the USB Bluetooth adapter I am using. I was just about to return them when I read this post and figured I will test them first. If they don't work I am planning on testing a different USB adapter first and then switching headphones. I hope to find at least a good combination to use with my computer. A2DP on my Treo is just gravy on top of that.
    It works with my computer just fine (using a IOGear broadcom chip USB dongle). Normally performance is great, though, if cpu spikes on my laptop, I get some crackling dropouts...maybe happens once a every 4 hours.

Anyone know any easy way to add Bluetooth internal on a Sony Vaio FJ270?
    I have an IOgear broadcom chip USB dongle also. Maybe I will try with my laptop before sending it back.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    bump... hope everyone see's this.. need more testers... i did it but i dont have a bluetooth headset and I am in the process of finding a retailer in my area with a sub 100$ set.... i dont plan to use the headphones much... my goal is to get this working and find a way to jack a bluetooth unit into my car stereo to not be removed... and be able to pair my phone into it whenever im in my car... i dont like things plugged into my phone though.. which is why i need a2dp... calls through the stereo might be fun too like the carphone from "back in the day"
    Damn, I still can't get this to work on my 700w. When I refresh by bt devices, I get a "Headset" option for my HT820, but no sound. any suggestions?
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
    You should see two services offered in the MS Bluetooth config tool...One for "Wireless Stereo" and ("Headset" or "Hands Free" or both). You know it's working when you get a little headset icon with a music note where a bluetooth headset icon pops up (with a bt headset of course). If you tap this icon, it goes away, yet the music still plays.

You can force a reconnect it with the stereo headphones by "tap and holding" the device in MS BT config. If it gets confused, try soft resetting the phone, cycling the power on the headphones, and re-pairing (bt) the device with the "Wireless Stereo" BT service.

Hope it's my set of headphones....
    I'm so sad. I have followed the instructions 3 times over and "Wireless Stereo" never shows up. Before the hack, only "hands free" showed up. After I made the changes and refreshed the device, "Headset" started showing up. Maybe I should see if there is an update for the HT820s?
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
    they work with the 650 just fine. i dont see why they wouldnt work here. this is a let-down
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    just got the motorola HT820 ... its charging... i have the hack working i think... gonna pair the headphones as soon as they are charged enough... i will report back

edit: ok so experiencing the crap quality too.... trying to figure out the issue.... i think i see why it wasnt implemented... either its the drivers or its the actual phone... it better not be the phone... audio stream bandwidth doesnt matter... 192kbps mp3 breaks up as much as 32kbps radio stream
    Last edited by setite; 04/25/2006 at 09:00 PM.
    sweet!
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    :: prays for someone who understands this so shed light on the situation and possibly provide a fix:: im off to search the xda threads

p.s. vash the stampeed rocks it
    Last edited by setite; 04/25/2006 at 10:38 PM.
    okay guys. We need someone with a different type of headphones to give this a go. I have all the right setting s showing up on the Treo but I don't get the little music note icon to pop up when my BT headset icon pops up. I also don't get any sound through my headphones. I am using the HT820 as reported earlier. I will try soft resetting and try again.

setite and vash - how do your headphones work with your pc? What usb adapter are you using?
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    I got the hack installed correctly, and verify this by tapping and holding on my JX10 and seeing the Set as Wireless Stereo option greyed out. I was going to go up to CompUSA tomorrow to purchase some headphones and try it out. Those of you using the HT820, does the Wireless Stereo option not appear at all, or is it greyed out?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    It's working!!! But it is breaking up every 1-3 seconds. There has to be some genius out there that can make this work right. Calling all uber-nerds (I mean that as a compliment of course).
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    my headphones work for music on my pc.. haven't figured out/tried very hard voice recording... i am using a toshiba bt stack on my pc with a ZOOM 4320A adapter i bought at Fry's ... too many too choose.. know nothing about BT.. it just looked good... works fine... im still trying to figure out these headphones... what does the music button do.. is it only functional with AVRCP... i get the audio note icon sometimes... doesnt matter whether it is showing or not i still get audio when I enable wireless stereo by click holding the headphones on the bluetooth device list... wondering if these damn headphones will ever finish charging... i took them off like 3 times for like 3 mins each and its been like 3 hours charging total...

but my moto h500 does the same thing.. i hate that headset... but love these headphones...

i wonder what the issue is... we're enabling a2dp with this hack but i wonder if the headphones are using the wrong profile which is causing the cut out... like perhaps its piggy backing off the handset profile...

as you can see i dont really know what im talking about... for all i know what i just implied is not possible at all.. but yea i so need this to work for this phone to be an ipod killer... if not i may have to go buy a bluetooth transmitter for my ipod... dont wanna do that

EDIT:the wireless stereo feature shows up fine... its greyed out on my headset but not on the headphones

Congrats Big Treo... same here... depending on the apps im running i range from ridiculous skipping to almost bearable skipping

to say the least this hack is a proof of concept... if one of the geniuses can figure out the drop outs we're in business

EDIT2: thanks Big Treo for reminding me... that is true... the dropouts are actually small freezes as can be noted from watching the timer.... i am in the process of getting my treo to handle it... ive uninstalled a few constant apps already... just killed voice command and Virtual Desktop so im gonna try agian now to see how close i am..
    I just realized that its not the sound dropping. It's the music pausing. I'm not missing any words in the song. So it's the processor or ram trying to handle the load of sending the stereo bluetooth signal and playing the music at the same time.

Now I really feel like there is a solution for this.

Listening to Kanye West - Late Registration
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast