Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    How do I convert and download the audio from Youtube videos to listen to on my Palm Pre and HP Pre 3?

I used to use a site called flv2mp3.com to convert and download youtube audio on my desktop computer, but I see that doesn't work for my webOS phones.

Are there any other sites or apps that can do this for webOS phones?

The downloaded audio should appear in my Music app for the webOS phones such as Palm Pre or Pre 3, I just don't know if there is a site or app to do this, well, is there?
    I use Video Download Helper, it's a popular plugin for most any browser. It just grabs content from Youtube or many other places, and stores it on your local machine after converting to your choice of about a zillion different formats, audio or video.
  3.    #3  
    I meant downloading audio from the webOS devices themselves, such as the Palm Pre and HP Pre 3. Not from a desktop computer.

So do you know how to download audio from a YouTube video from the Palm Pre and HP Pre 3?

Is there a Video Download Helper app for webOS?

I want to convert the YouTube video to audio format on the webOS device not on a desktop computer and then transferring that content to the Palm Pre, HP Pre 3. I want to download the audio content from the webOS device itself, not by transferring content from my computer. I want to be able to download the content from the webOS device, NOT transferring it TO the webOS.

Do you understand?
  4.    #4  
    Fred Zyphal Can you read my previous comment? I think you misunderstood my question.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    I use Video Download Helper, it's a popular plugin for most any browser. It just grabs content from Youtube or many other places, and stores it on your local machine after converting to your choice of about a zillion different formats, audio or video.
    That didn't answer my question. I want to download YouTube audio directly from the Palm Pre and HP Pre 3, not by transferring files from my computer to the webOS smartphones. Is there an app for webOS that can do this? Is there a site that I can go to on the Palm Pre and HP Pre 3 that can convert cnad download YouTube audio that can be directly downloaded from the webOS smartphones?
    Ok, you've chewed me out for trying help, three times in a row here ... I'm sorry, I'll never try to help again.
    I don't think there's anything available that will work on a webOS device. Back when the youtube app still worked, there was a patch to allow videos to be downloaded, but that is no longer an option. Separating out the audio likely requires more processing power than what a webOS device can spare.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    Ok, you've chewed me out for trying help, three times in a row here ... I'm sorry, I'll never try to help again.
    No, you just were not understanding my question. I like that you are trying to help, but the advice you are giving me is not what I am looking for.

Do you understand what I was saying above? It's okay if you don't.

Again, I'm looking for a website I can visit on my Palm Pre and HP Pre 3 or app or program that can be installed on my Palm Pre and HP Pre 3 that downloads YouTube audio on the webOS smartphone devices, not having to use a desktop computer at all. Do you know of such a webOS app or a website that can be visited on the webOS browser on the webOS smartphones?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think there's anything available that will work on a webOS device. Back when the youtube app still worked, there was a patch to allow videos to be downloaded, but that is no longer an option. Separating out the audio likely requires more processing power than what a webOS device can spare.
    Okay, that sounds unfortunate if true. Thanks for answering my question.
  10.    #10  
    I'm waiting for my HP Touchpad tablet to get charged currently, but I remember I think I used to be able to download mp3 files or other audio files from the HP Touchpad like I am talking about above with the webOS smartphones such as the Palm pre and HP pre 3. I guess downloading audio files only works for the HP touchpad tablet. There is an patch or app that let's audio to be downloadable instead of just watched. It gives the option to download or watch a video. I downloaded it for the HP Touchpad, so I know it works for the Touchpad at least.
    Lunetube has this feature, but needs more work, I have had a lot of time to work in luneTube, but it is possible to download audio and video from lunetube.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    Lunetube has this feature, but needs more work, I have had a lot of time to work in luneTube, but it is possible to download audio and video from lunetube.
    Even for the webOS smartphones such as the Palm pre and Hp pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by rockpebble View Post
    Even for the webOS smartphones such as the Palm pre and Hp pre 3?
    Yes. If you have a little bit ideo of how to use lunaService you can sent the url to download service.

Enviado desde mi SM-G925F mediante Tapatalk
    Yes. If you have a little bit ideo of how to use lunaService you can sent the url to download service.

The difficulty is when the URLs require authentication, since the download manager is a separate process and doesn't share cookies with apps. It's usually possible to send the correct auth info, but it can be tricky.
    The difficulty is when the URLs require authentication, since the download manager is a separate process and doesn't share cookies with apps. It's usually possible to send the correct auth info, but it can be tricky.
    Lunetube get the raw resources because decrypt YouTube sign. Let me try this week

Preemptive likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Lunetube get the raw resources because decrypt YouTube sign. Let me try this week
    How do I install LuneTube?

I forgot, do I need to install patches or input a code into the Preware app?
    LuneTube - webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog

Click the download link in the webOS browser and it should launch Preware.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I installed the app using an old, but somewhat recent lunetube file i downloaded from november 2017. The app is blank white when opened.

How do I get youtube audio from youtube videos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    LuneTube - webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog

Why not just use Preware? Am I forgetting something?
  20.    #20  
    Why not just use Preware? Am I forgetting something?
    It wasn't on Preware. I installed it by connecting the phone to my computer and using webOSquickinstall, which worked.

Do you know how to strip youtube audio from a youtube video using lunetube?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast