Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Yes. At least it worked for me on my Touchpad. It has been a while.
    I already know it works for the Touchpad. I previously said this, but it doesn't work apparently for the webOS smartphones. And also the site will not convert audio that has copyrighted music. So I need another alternative that works for webOS smartphones.
  2.    #42  
    Can anyone who is reading this thread clarify and explain again to me what I should do to download audio from a webOS smartphone? No desktop computers involved.

Do I need a YouTube or Google account for the LuneTube app to strip the audio from YouTube videos and allow me to download them onto the webOS smartphone I am using?

Is there any other ways to do this?

What do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rockpebble View Post
    I already know it works for the Touchpad. I previously said this, but it doesn't work apparently for the webOS smartphones. And also the site will not convert audio that has copyrighted music. So I need another alternative that works for webOS smartphones.
    I forgot that they instituted that block on you tube videos. Sorry to send you a red herring. A lot of sites are going that way sadly. If I can remember the other one I used I will pass it on.
    rockpebble likes this.
    I suppose they want you to pay for your music.. or rather, not be a party to downloading copyrighted music, which can get them in trouble. The site does work though, albeit slow on the Pre3. I used it, along with the command line (as I don't have Frizzle or the link download patch installed on my Pre3) to download the audio from a YouTube video, all on my Pre3. Now, was it worth the trouble? Not to me, but it proves it can be done.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I suppose they want you to pay for your music.. or rather, not be a party to downloading copyrighted music, which can get them in trouble. The site does work though, albeit slow on the Pre3. I used it, along with the command line (as I don't have Frizzle or the link download patch installed on my Pre3) to download the audio from a YouTube video, all on my Pre3. Now, was it worth the trouble? Not to me, but it proves it can be done.
    True. There are artists who put out their music for free on YouTube and I listen to podcasts as well, or would just want to download and watch a video as well. So, my intentions are not only for music, or copyrighted music.

The command line? What do you mean? What is Frizzle?
    True. There are artists who put out their music for free on YouTube and I listen to podcasts as well, or would just want to download and watch a video as well. So, my intentions are not only for music, or copyrighted music.

The command line? What do you mean? What is Frizzle?
    Don't worry about the command line stuff.. it's not what you want. Frizzle is an app that lets you paste a URL to download and a filename to save it to, which is a good idea in this case, so you can give it a friendly name, and a location on your phone to save it to. It's available in the app archive ftp site (there's a thread on here with that info). As it is, if you open the link generated by the converter website, it will just stream it directly in the music player rather than save it. Just copy the link and paste it into Frizzle and fill in the rest, and tap download.
    MODERATOR NOTE:

Sorry guys, but the discussion of downloading YouTube videos or audio can no longer take place on any Mobile Nations site due to legal reasons (they have reached out to us in the past to put the stop to it). Sucks.... but it's a legal thing. Sorry.
    Can't believe it lasted this long Can we get youtube to fix their app and add downloads for offline listening like Android has?
  9.    #49  
    Can't believe it lasted this long Can we get youtube to fix their app and add downloads for offline listening like Android has?
    You mean YouTube on the desktop browser?
  10.    #50  
    I would like to know however, on the topic of music, how can I get music on a webOS smartphone without linking it up to a computer to transfer files?

Streaming? Legally downloading? etc.
    I would like to know however, on the topic of music, how can I get music on a webOS smartphone without linking it up to a computer to transfer files?

Streaming? Legally downloading? etc.
    Pandora is about the only streaming that still works*. Transferring your own music over USB is the most efficient way. You're really asking too much for a device way past end of support.

* I haven't tested it recently, assuming it still does.
  12.    #52  
    Pandora is about the only streaming that still works*. Transferring your own music over USB is the most efficient way. You're really asking too much for a device way past end of support.
    There's no way to get Amazon music to work?

No other streaming or music stores, apps?
    I tried the TuneIn app and it still works. I hadn't used it in a long g time. Pandora also still works amazingly enough.

The Amazon app was only for buying music, but it has been broken for years. They fixed it the first time it broke by changing something on the servers. The second time, they wouldn't do anything.
  14.    #54  
    I tried the TuneIn app and it still works. I hadn't used it in a long g time. Pandora also still works amazingly enough.

The Amazon app was only for buying music, but it has been broken for years. They fixed it the first time it broke by changing something on the servers. The second time, they wouldn't do anything.
    Besides TuneIn and Pandora, are there any other places to get music and listen to music on my webOS smartphones without transferring files from a desktop computer?
    Which ones have you tried?
  16.    #56  
    Which ones have you tried?
    I have Pandora, but I'm not a big fan of Pandora, I don't use it that much. I don't have TuneIn on webOS, I know about TuneIn, I have it on Android, but I would like to know all the alternatives before I dive into either. Do you know any other music alternatives? I don't care if it's streaming, buying downloadable music, apps, websites, etc.

How else can I get music on my webOS smartphones and how else can I listen to music on my webOS smartphone without transferring files from a desktop computer?
    If at home and on your own network, a DLNA server with all your music on it can be accessed with the bhomepro app. I stream lots of audio from my Synology through Touchpads. Doesn't work on the go, however. Maybe if you got the Kalemsoft streamer set up to be internet visible, you could do the same thing over mobile data... dunno, as I've never tried it. But you're not going to get an itunes store experience on a Webos device. IF you are VPN-savvy, maybe you could configure a pseudo-local network you could use to browse through your DLNA server when out and about. All this presumes that you have some computing and storage device that is not your phone connected to the internet. If the NO DESKTOP COMPUTER requirement is strict, you're not going to get anywhere.
    Last edited by Chris Holst; 06/21/2018 at 09:55 AM.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Holst View Post
    If the NO DESKTOP COMPUTER requirement is strict, you're not going to get anywhere.
    Man, that was what I was afraid of and not hoping to hear. I want to be able to access music on the go, I don't have a lot of storage space on my webOS smartphones, so it's not really practical at all to just keep a lot of music on my webOS phone. I have to delete and transfer files, which I don't like. I need to be home to do that, I can't be on the go unless I take my laptop with me everywhere I go, which is not preferable at all. I like streaming as it takes less space on a device, my phones only have like 8GB and 16GB for storage, and that's minus everything else on my phone, so it's more like 4GB and 12GB respectively and I don't need my laptop either. Many times I am on the go without my laptop or other desktop computer, so I can't just access my music from my computers, unless like you said, I create a DLNA server access point. It's easier to just access a store, app, or website, guess I have to stick with Pandora and TuneIn until those also stop getting supported and stop working, which hopefully isn't any time soon.
  19.    #59  
    Does Spotify still work on the webOS smartphones?

I have Spotify and am definitely willing to try a way for it to work, but I thought it didn't work on webOS smartphones, am I right or wrong?
    I remember that the app had a problem on first use, but I eventually managed to login. I can't remember if it ever did much as I had a free account and usability was limited on mobile maybe it did the old 'radio' player thing. It did work as a serviceable player of files on device and the playlist was recorded. All playlists were displayed, even if they couldn't be played. With the decline of webOS, Spotify never updated the app, so it became a local only player.

So I pulled out my old Pre2. I had to update the password - that involved 'logging out' though there was no no sign it was actually logged in - newer playlists were not showing. I am not able to log in with the new password. I'm looking at a spinner as it tries to index local mp3s, but possibly because it wants to upload that list to Spotify, nothing is happening.

So if someone had a 'logged in' Spotify app, it might still be usable as a local player, but it seems truly dead for the Spotify service and now dead for me to play local files, likely because it can't phone home. The stock player is perfectly serviceable for local files, so I'm not bothered.

I think that by adding media plugins to Qupzilla, it might be possible to use the Spotify webplayer on a TouchPad, but it will be complex and I'm not offering the technical advice, even if it's possible and it's not what you're asking for.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast