Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just activated my "new" Pre Plus. I am coming from Pixi Plus. Phone activated fine on Verizon but will not let me log into my profile. Tried logging in from my computer and it worked fine but still showing old Pixi on profile.. Verizon CS was no help.. Anyone know what I can do???
    i have the same problem help us
  3.    #3  
    Ok got it to work.. spent 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon AND Palm conferenced in. Since I could not get out of the login Palm Profile page the Palm rep had me hit the little phone button at the bottom. Clicked on "emergency" call and then X out the "911" put in ##43574357# and was able to do a full restart and erase. Once the phone came back up I had to reset everything... And tried to log in again but it still didnt work. One more shut down and restart and BOOM ... I was able to log into my Palm Profile! Phew!!
    Just note, this Pre Plus was a refurbished bought from ebay and they never wiped the last Palm Profile clean... I think that was the problem..
    Hi, I've tried multiple erases and restarts. I still can't log in to my profile. Its a Verizon Pre Plus off eBay and seller did not do a full erase. I originally set up my profile on my Palm Pre on Sprint. Could this be part of my problem? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by guggie1 View Post
    Hi, I've tried multiple erases and restarts. I still can't log in to my profile. Its a Verizon Pre Plus off eBay and seller did not do a full erase. I originally set up my profile on my Palm Pre on Sprint. Could this be part of my problem? Thx.
    No the carrier is not relevant to the webOS profile account, but you could be experiencing issues with the APN settings. You must confirm you have a data connection to Verizon so you can activate. Does it show the icons indicating you're connected?

Have you gone to the hp website (while you still can, it's set to terminate in a few days) to confirm your profile still exists?

When your login attempt fails, what does it prompt you to do?

Have you considered trying a new profile? You can always reset and sign out. But it will confirm your data connection with Verizon.

If you have a Verizon branded phone and are trying to get on Verizon, their CS should still help you.

Depending on how long since it's last use, you may need to update other things too. Or you can put it in devmode and use it like that. It would be your only option next year.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/24/2014 at 09:01 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Verizon, so probably not a GSM but a CDMA?

Try to get into devmode, using ##DEVMODE#

See whether you can use it as phone, do you have a signal?

If not get in touch with Verizon, since they might need to add your device to their database.

When you have it working as such, disable devmode again and reset it to get back to the activation scene, or use Impostah for that.

The big question on activation is always, whether you have a data connection already, using demode to bypass activation, will give you the ability to work on getting data working first

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    No the carrier is not relevant to the webOS profile account, but you could be experiencing issues with the APN settings. You must confirm you have a data connection to Verizon so you can activate. Does it show the icons indicating you're connected?

Have you gone to the hp website (while you still can, it's set to terminate in a few days) to confirm your profile still exists?

When your login attempt fails, what does it prompt you to do?

Have you considered trying a new profile? You can always reset and sign out. But it will confirm your data connection with Verizon.

If you have a Verizon branded phone and are trying to get on Verizon, their CS should still help you.

Depending on how long since it's last use, you may need to update other things too. Or you can put it in devmode and use it like that. It would be your only option next year.
    Thank you for your response>I still use my TP everyday, and on occasion, still fire up my Pre (thats was orginally on Sprint. I currently am a Verizon customer.) Let me try Verizon CS, and see if they can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Verizon, so probably not a GSM but a CDMA?

Try to get into devmode, using ##DEVMODE#

See whether you can use it as phone, do you have a signal?

If not get in touch with Verizon, since they might need to add your device to their database.

When you have it working as such, disable devmode again and reset it to get back to the activation scene, or use Impostah for that.

The big question on activation is always, whether you have a data connection already, using demode to bypass activation, will give you the ability to work on getting data working first

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks for your response. Its CDMA. When the phone starts up, I see "Verizon Wireless" on top left. Im going to try Verizon CS first.
    RohZo likes this.
    After an hour wiith Verizon CS Lucas, we have success. he had to shut down my G3, activate me on the Pre Plus, where i was able to sign into my profile, then he deactivated the Plus, and set me back up on my G3. if my G3 fails between now and my upgrade date, i will hop right back to the Plus as i am in the their system.
    horzel likes this.
    nothing work on my phone, any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam362 View Post
    HP/Palm profile is gone. You can do carrier activation but must bypass first use for the Palm profile with devicetool.jar or Nova Device Installer.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sam362 View Post
    Given the limited info in your post, we are assuming you have reset it. Clarify if your problem is something else.

Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation (updated links https://web.archive.org/web/20150323...ed_device.html )
    Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation & http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-pre...ml#post3437254

As long as your SIM is already activated on the network, you should be fine.
    I have Palm Pre Plus and was working fine until one day asked me to log into Palm Profile. I am on Verizon. Verizon and HP support not able to help with work around to be able to use my phone. Can anyone tell me how to bypass Palm Profile login so I can continue to use phone. I read Herrie's response, but I don't know how to use. Need step by step instructions. Thanks.
    A Palm Pre Plus shipped with webOS 1.+, so the first link in my post above yours is what you want.

More useful links here: http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-p...ml#post3442323
    Thanks Preemptive, Maybe I'm dense, but I don't think I want to bypass activation. I still want the phone to be activated on Verizon and it may still be. The phone is displaying the Palm Profile screen and asking me to log in or create new profile. I can't get to any other screen to do anything else with the phone. I am not tech savvy and most of what I read in the links is over my head. My goal is to get past the Palm profile screen and have a working phone. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow75 View Post
    Thanks Preemptive, Maybe I'm dense, but I don't think I want to bypass activation. I still want the phone to be activated on Verizon and it may still be. The phone is displaying the Palm Profile screen and asking me to log in or create new profile. I can't get to any other screen to do anything else with the phone. I am not tech savvy and most of what I read in the links is over my head. My goal is to get past the Palm profile screen and have a working phone. Thanks for your help.
    You must bypass activation, there is no choice. That IS what you want to do. Then you can put the phone into developer mode. THEN you can get onto Verizon no problem. You simply will not have a unique ID for the phone. You will be like others, as Dr. Skipped Firstuse. This is how it must be done now.

Honestly and bluntly, this is now a hobbyist's device and you will need to educate yourself on how to essentially "hack" the phone. If you are not "tech savvy", you must become so by doing a lot of reading on this forum.

The answers are here. Difficulty IS relative to your desire to make it happen. But honestly and bluntly again, your 1.x device is all but obsolete. I recommend at least a 2.x device, and even then, there is significant work to maintain the phone's functionality. With the 2.x phone you would be able to reach developer mode through the emergency dialpad. But with 1.x you must run software on your PC with device tethered. It is tricky but not difficult.

If you do not wish to deal with the stress of webOS, you are not alone. We've seen many forum regulars "throw in the towel". You may prefer the ease of a used android device from eBay or similar.

There is no shame in giving up either. Those of us who persist are simply addicted to a forsaken OS. You do not need to do that to yourself! Often I've wished i never received a launch day Pre. It's been a cursed love-hate relationship.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 10/08/2015 at 12:20 PM.
    petbull likes this.
    I've always gone unlocked, but my understanding is that the original setup will create your Palm Profile and automatically set you up on your network. What's lost is your profile, so as long as you have a SIM card that is set up for Verizon, you should be OK. I don't know about these CDMA phones with it built in, but I haven't seen anyone complaining that they lost connection to the network.

I second what TJs11thPre says. If you've been using the phone this long, maybe you like it enough to patch it up, but you'll need to have a good read around here and decide if you want to make the effort. You may have noticed that your email has stopped working due to server encryption issues (certificates). There is a work around for webOS 2, but no one has yet been able to fix webOS 1. If you need email, you might want to consider the unofficial upgrade.

Some people are very attached to the slider format, but we are basically applying patches to keep legacy webOS going until we can switch to LuneOS. There's some hope (probably in vain) that Blackberry's (very Pre-like) Venice/Priv slider will have an unlocked boot loader as it would be the ideal porting target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I've always gone unlocked, but my understanding is that the original setup will create your Palm Profile and automatically set you up on your network. What's lost is your profile, so as long as you have a SIM card that is set up for Verizon, you should be OK. I don't know about these CDMA phones with it built in, but I haven't seen anyone complaining that they lost connection to the network.

I second what TJs11thPre says. If you've been using the phone this long, maybe you like it enough to patch it up, but you'll need to have a good read around here and decide if you want to make the effort. You may have noticed that your email has stopped working due to server encryption issues (certificates). There is a work around for webOS 2, but no one has yet been able to fix webOS 1. If you need email, you might want to consider the unofficial upgrade.

Some people are very attached to the slider format, but we are basically applying patches to keep legacy webOS going until we can switch to LuneOS. There's some hope (probably in vain) that Blackberry's (very Pre-like) Venice/Priv slider will have an unlocked boot loader as it would be the ideal porting target.
    1. No sim but once past the activation it should recognize VZN immediately.
    2. I suspect he received the once functional phone after a reset and now he's stuck. It's salvageable but not worth the effort IMHO. Id keep it for parts and buy a used VZN Pre2 -IF- i HAD TO HAVE a webOS device. I think he should run away screaming and get a nice GS4 or Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    1. No sim but once past the activation it should recognize VZN immediately.
    2. I suspect he received the once functional phone after a reset and now he's stuck. It's salvageable but not worth the effort IMHO. Id keep it for parts and buy a used VZN Pre2 -IF- i HAD TO HAVE a webOS device. I think he should run away screaming and get a nice GS4 or Droid
    Thanks guys. I am not totally attached to the Palm Pre Plus. The reason I am trying to keep it going is that it has a mobile hotspot. An unlimited data plan is grandfathered with the phone at no cost. I use it as a wifi hotspot when on the road in my RV. I appreciate all the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow75 View Post
    No worries - it's Palm Profile activation being bypassed. They said in their docs it would not let the phone work on a carrier for calls or SMS, but that was malarkey. Works perfectly.

When did this happen? If it was recent, it must have been caused by a critical condition on the device, because the Palm servers that could have logged you out are non longer running.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast