Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21  
    I am in Los Angeles and Sprint is ok in some areas and bad in others but usually Roaming covers me there so I am rarely without signal. Also, the companies are expanding very quickly all the time so if there is not coverage in someplace, it will likely be added in the future.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  2. dtokarz's Avatar
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    I was in the same boat about switching. It was May 5th and the Pre was being guessed at releasing on June 7th. If it was released then, I would be outside of my 30 day window. What I did was talk to the salesperson and the manager explaining I wanted a Pre and this phone was just a placeholder until then. I picked up an Instinct and then had them give me a 60 day return window (In writing). Not sure every store will work with you like that but its a try.
  3. SirBC's Avatar
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    but then he'll blow his new contract Pre price.

    maybe try ebay for a cheap centro? i'd still talk to the retail people first for a cheap/free dumbphone temporary solution.
    Ah, I'm glad I asked this as I didn't realize that there would be a different pricing structure for new Sprint users Vs. current Sprint users.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    My master plan was to ditch my iPhone the day the Pre was released. However, I dropped the darn thing this morning and my iPhone bit the dust.
    Pretty much this exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back.
    I sent out an email at work to see if anyone had an old AT&T phone that I could borrow until I decide which new phone I'm going to go with.

    Anyway, a co-worker had an old Treo 650 and, while it's not the best phone int the world, it's been adequate to hold me over until I see what's going on in June.

    I would just see if there's someone that has an old phone you can slap your SIM in and just hold off until the Pre is released.
    That way you dont' have to worry about any issues associated with trading up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions