1.    #1  
    I have tried doctoring to no avail. It will allow me to doctor it, show the HP logo, then immediately go to the USB logo. I don't know what else to do. Please help!
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Stuck up volumne button?
    You can force usb mode via holding the up volumne button when powerering on your device. maybe yours is stuck?
    I'm very sad right now. I was having troubles with the keyboard, so I went to reboot my Pre 2. It started the reboot as usual, but never completed it, and got stuck in in USB download mode. Now when I hold down the power button, it flashes the HP logo and goes right back to the USB screen.

I've WebOS Doctor-ed it twice now, and it appears to complete, but when it's done, it still goes back to the USB screen.

Any ideas? I love WebOS and really don't want to have to jump ship.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, twillian. Unfortunately the OP never reported back on a solution since December.

Is it the correct Doctor version? Have you used it successfully before? Have you done a md5checksum on the Doc file to make sure it is complete?

All the versions and their checksums are in the internals: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Do you have Windows? Here is a tool to use to verify checksums under Windows: md5sum checker.rar Just un-rar the file. Put the .exe or a shortcut on your desktop. Drag any file onto it and an MSDOS window opens and gives you a dialog about completion percent and an md5 sum so you can verify against the source's stated md5.

I'm new to webOS and Pre 2 myself so I'm not sure what else to suggest. The fact that the Doctor seems to complete would tell me that you (probably) don't have a hardware issue??? It appears from the documentation that it hangs at less than complete if you have a hardware problem.

Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee