1.    #1  
    Hi

Just got another Palm Pixi working and was going to install open ssh. However, it appears that optware link is no longer available and as of today or so it appears that web-internals.org has shut down.

Is this temporary or is support for all WebOS for Palm devices no longer available. This would be a shame, I had planned on sticking with my Palm Pixi for a while. I just managed to transplant a working touchscreen to a device with a dead one and it's working great.

I recently purchased a Blackberry Q10 in the event that I would no longer be able to keep the Palm Pixi alive but it's a disappointing piece of crap. I was just about to add Open SSH so I could backup and transfer files between devices - I currently have three working Pixi's

If anyone could tell me what's up or other ways to install SSH I would be grateful

Thanks
    It's been announced a few times that the servers are down for scheduled maintenance this week. In addition to a software upgrade, It's been rumoured that they are being physically moved. Today is the last scheduled day, but it all remains a volunteer effort. If there are any hiccups, they may be down for longer, but I expect there will a message about it.

Given the history of webOS, I recommend local backup copies of installations are kept - just in case.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Given the history of webOS, I recommend local backup copies of installations are kept - just in case.
    I was planning to backup with rsync but I don't know how to install it without the optware feed; I understand it may be down for an indefinite period. I do have file managers on the device and could copy important files to the USB section and back. However, I don't know where certain files are stored - mostly Notes and the Address data base. Any info on how I can find them? I've spent time looking but I'm a noob and don't see where they are kept.

Thanks
    I've never manually backed-up Notes or Contacts (I use Google for Contacts), but if you want optware, you can add an entry to /etc/hosts on-device to get Preware working. Check the last few posts in this thread for the hosts file addition required:
    https://forums.webosnation.com/showt...f=247&t=245792

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by bbito; 09/23/2018 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by indusarts View Post
    I was planning to backup with rsync but I don't know how to install it without the optware feed; I understand it may be down for an indefinite period. I do have file managers on the device and could copy important files to the USB section and back. However, I don't know where certain files are stored - mostly Notes and the Address data base. Any info on how I can find them? I've spent time looking but I'm a noob and don't see where they are kept.

Thanks
    The servers are back, but the preware DNS settings need to be updated as bbito says. HOST file is a workaround until then.

See the back up thread link below.
    For memos: Search: Export Notes - webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your replies - I will work on these suggestions this week.