Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By dkirker
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    I deleted by mistake a very important memo on my palm pixi plus. It was not backud up, any way to recover it? Very very very important! Please help! Thank you!
    It's a long shot... if it was saved in the internal public area ( aka the one that turns into usb storage when connected with a cable ), maybe yes.
    There are sw to recover data from an usb pendrive, could be they would work on the phone once connected as mass storage.

If it was instead saved in a database, be it in public or crypted areas, consider it gone for good.
    Frimmy B, how/where was the memo saved?

If it was saved in the Memos app, there may actually be a chance. The record gets marked with a deleted flag before it is purged. This was to be able to handle syncing deleted records with the webOS cloud services. I believe they hung around for a week before a built-in garbage collector would purge them.

If you wrote it in the Memos app, I might be able to whip up something that would export all deleted memos to a txt file and could restore certain memos to the memos app.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimmy B View Post
    I deleted by mistake a very important memo on my palm pixi plus. It was not backud up, any way to recover it? Very very very important! Please help! Thank you!
    I hope that you are able to see this soon. I am not sure when you lost the memo, but our chances diminish the more time that passes.
    Did you know:

I've had good luck with using the free Recuva app to pull deleted files off of my devices.
    Preemptive likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for posting about my issue! Sorry for late response, I was out of town. dkirker, any way to try this? I dont think my files are synced anywhere.
  7.    #7  
    Recova only works for usb partition. and only for deleted files.
    How familiar are you with a command line?

Was this in the Memos app?
    Did you know:

9.    #9  
    Not very familliar but know how to follow instructions. Yes, in Memos app.
  10.    #10  
    Happened again :-( Please help!