Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Lately whenever I hotsync my Treo I often will get the connection failed error. I basically have to wrestle with the cable, pushing it and shoving it around to get the hotsync to work. It didn't used to do this.

    I'm guessing it's due to a loose connection? Anyone have this problem and how did you fix it?
  2. #2  
    i had this problem just this week. I called my provider and they sent me a refurb 600. I hook it up and it is better but still hangs. It is my guess that it is the cable, and so I ordered a cradle from treocentral store. I will let you know if that solves to problem.

    I have the same symptoms as you, the hotsync hangs, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
  3. #3  
    I was having hotsync problems (connection failed) for a few days too. Trying to sync under Linux I discovered that the usb device was never showing up! I checked the pinout on a Russian site and, as could be expected, the 'tallest' pin sticking out was a ground pin and sonofagun if it didn't look like that pin might be missing its mark and hitting the plastic divider between gold contact pads on the treo. A little bending of the pin and a little wiggling of the connector plug and viola -- I'm syncing again.

    "I'm syncin' up again. Just syncin' up again. What a glorious feelin' I'm ba-a-a-cked up again."


  4.    #4  
    I'm having the same problem and since about a month ago I've never ever been able to successfully hotsync my Treo 650. It always says the port is in use.

    Someone recommended that I uninstall the Palm Desktop and re-install it. However, will that erase all Palm data on my Palm Desktop? How do I keep them intact?
  5. #5  
    im pretty sure its the cable, im having the same problem with my 650.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  6. #6  

    I had the same problem with a brand NEW treo 650 out of the box and struggled with it for hours. I did some research here and found that the problem lay in part with the connector/phone interface. If you look carefully at the USB cable you will see that there are several copper looking pins sticking out that are actually a loop of metal. One post here suggested putting a paper clip or pin gently into the loop and very gently expanding the loop outward. In a fit of frustration before taking my new phone back I decided to try this and it worked. You have nothing else to loose as I did and I would try it. Here is the url for the good pictures of what to do. Most of the pictures are on page 3 of the below post:

    Lots of luck and I hope that this helps.



Posting Permissions