Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Oh my God! My 650 fell out of my pocket and into the bilge of my boat, getting about 1/3 submerged in water. I grabbed it, took off the back, took out the battery, dried everything, and put it back together.

    It seemed to be going through a reset, and I got all the way to the phone screen, but the buttons on the front weren't working. None of them.

    Now the whole thing seems dead. No screen, no buttons, no ability to reset. Does anyone have any experience with a wet Treo? Or am I out of luck?

    PS: If I'm toast, is there a new Treo coming out any time soon?
  2. #2  
    How long did you let it dry? It should at least be a day or two. If you just dried it with a towel and then started fooling around with it, it may be fried.

    Most electronics will dry out and work if you have some patience, unless it was salt water.
  3.    #3  
    I was afraid I was going to hear something like that. I know I shouldn't have put that battery back in!
  4. #4  
    The best thing you can do is let it dry a couple of days and try it.
  5. #5  
    This is going to sound weird, but first you need to rinse it - that's right MORE water!!

    With the battery out, give it a good rinsing to get out any salt water. Preferably with distilled water - or at least filtered water, the purer the better. Then rinse it again - but with alcohol. The alcohol will mix with the water and evaporate much more quickly than just the water. Wait a day or two and see what happens. It really can't get any worse, right?

    Electronics can survive quite a wetting if allowed to dry thoroughly before powering up again. You might still be okay - it's hard to say.
    Last edited by westronic; 08/22/2005 at 01:54 PM.
  6. #6  
    Westronic is right. Remove your battery and rinse well. Then get some little dessicant packets (just like you find packed in some products to keep them dry) and put them and your Treo in a plastic bag for a few days. If there is sweating inside the bag or the dessicant packs feel damp then replace them and wait some more.

Posting Permissions