Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    What do you think? I can get a 600 on ebay just under $400 now. Would I be burt to buy that now and upgrade in 3-6 months? Think there will be a trade-up program? Also if I have problems with a new one bought off ebay will palmOne take care of me or not???

    Thanks for your ideas.
  2. #2  
    Dude, I was in the same sitution. I bought a 600 and later found out that the 650 was coming out. So I sent the 600 back and now I am waiting for the 650. I did not want to waste $500 on the 600 when I could just wait for the 650.

    If you have the bucks......get both.....OR you can keep guessing like the rest of us as to when the 650 will be released.
  3. vinman's Avatar
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    If you buy off Ebay, you are taking a risk with the warranty. You will also probably not have a chance at any upgrade offers Palm may offer. I imagine a large number of those phones are gray market and won't carry a US warranty which means they have to be shipped back to their intended country of origin for repair. From my experience with other electronic gear this can be a nightmare of gargantuan proportions! If you can save more than 50% off the normal purchase price, it may be worth it. If it's a hundred bucks or so that you'd save, don't do it. The warranty is a very important part of this device. There are too many of them that aren't performing well (based on other threads here). I've had one warranty claim, and had a new phone two days oafter my call to P1. That's hard to beat - though some folks haven't had such good service...
    I've already contacted my Cingular business rep and will be getting a 650 as soon as they get some - so I can understand wanting to get one now and upgrade soon...

Posting Permissions