1.    #1  
    i need help setting up a newly bought hp veer 4G, this device is so clean and came with opn box, everything new, and complete, but .....it cant get activated, asked for an unblock code, and i contacted AT&T BUT THE DEVICE DOESNT ACCEPT THE CODE provided by att, i am looking at how to remove the code as the device continuosly searches for network when a sim in inside, i need assistance on how to get this device to work, i was able to get into recovery mode, but not dev. mode also i cant get factory reset. i need help.
    [Email address removed by mod]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/08/2019 at 11:24 PM. Reason: email address removed per rules
    Hi,

You can't activate it because HP's servers shutdown about 4 years ago.

You therefore need to bypass the activation process - which should be simple with this model. You WILL need a sim card that is already activated on the network. If the phone is locked to a network, unlocking it is another matter, but should also be possible.

Start here: Tip: How to Bypass Activation | pivotCE The specific guide is here: https://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-2-x

Find webOS Quick Install here: https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...real-time.html

The links in my signature should be of use.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/09/2019 at 08:44 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2